Remove Advertisements

So, what do y'all think?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

So, what do y'all think?

Postby lethario » Tue May 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Greetings - I've been a tankadin since TBC came out and lovin it :)

It's simultaneously uplifting and disheartening when people tell me that I'm a very good pally tank - I hate to think that there are many on my server (Thrall) failing badly, giving us a bad name and making it harder for me to get pugs.

Anyways - I'm the newly appointed GM of a casual/family guild (we did raid MC) getting ready to head into Karazhan in the next few weeks (just need BM to complete my key) and with the patch today I thought I'd drop in and see what folks think of my build and gear.

First off, the armory link. (logged out in my 'light' tanking set last night, will update to 'heavy' tonight)

And the proposed new spec.

Rationale for the spec:
Holy:
Strength over Intellect for a touch of mitigation and white damage. 10% int is hardly anything for us.
Imp. SoR um.. yeah gogo spelldamage

Prot:
Save 2 points from Anticipation because it's relatively easy to make up in gear, and put them into Imp. HS.
Ardent defender was good, better now.

I trade Reckoning for 1H spec. Yes it reduces my 2H dps, but I rarely get the 2hander out (despite my collection).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the increase in threat from Imp. HS, Imp. SoR and 1H spec:
a. helps me conserve a little mana
b. makes up for the lost dps and SoW regen from Reckoning.

Thoughts, opinions, gear suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Lethario
lethario

Postby Maulininis » Tue May 22, 2007 4:18 pm

I left my spec exactly the same standard 49/12, cept took 2 pts from 1h to reckoning. might not be theoretically the best thing to do, but it works.
Maulininis

Re: So, what do y'all think?

Postby Questioner » Wed May 23, 2007 9:06 am

lethario wrote:Prot:
Save 2 points from Anticipation because it's relatively easy to make up in gear, and put them into Imp. HS.

I won't comment on anything else, but I will tell you there is no way you want to lose points in Anticipation. It is straight defense, not defense rating, and quite possibly the biggest bang for your buck talent you can get.

Lose 2 from precision or guardian's favor or even your threat, just make sure you keep 5/5 anticipation.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Return to Basic Training & Talents