rate me!^^

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

rate me!^^

Postby Coldaan » Fri May 18, 2007 1:57 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZVGtIx0dgzxoVbx

this is the spec I have right now. Come 2.1 I will get the 2 points for imp. Holy Shield from "Guardian's Favor" and I will drop the 10% Int.

So I have 5 Points left. I thought about putting it into 1H-spec but then I thought.... I don't need more Aggro. I even get more Aggro anyway from imp Holy Shield. I know most Paladins think that imp Devotion is not good at all, but in Raid I am in the MT Group all the Time, usually with 2 Warriors, a Warlock, and a Tree.

So wouldn't imp Devo be kinda good, granting 3x400 Armor for the Tanks in my Group?

It's also the only Talent left to get me more avoidance, at least I didn't find anything else. Plus on PTR I then have 16k Armor which is a nice number.^^
Coldaan

Postby Lore » Fri May 18, 2007 7:16 am

Imp devo is good, there just typically isn't room for it in a Tankadin build since we have to waste 5 points on Redoubt to get Shield Spec.

If you don't need the threat, that sounds like a solid plan... I've been finding myself on about even level with Warriors and getting passed by Druids a lot lately though. As your DPS gears up, your threat has to increase, and there just isn't much room to do that in our gear.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lev » Fri May 18, 2007 7:39 am

Well... imp devo is good, but not worth it to put 5 points into it. If it was another 100% it would be fine to me, but not like it is right now.

I was also thinking of leaving redoubt and shield spec behind to have another 400 armor for me and other tanks... but with this i would give up the one real thing, pally tanks are actually good in... tanking whole mob-armys.

And you dont need the 5% more Threat? Mhh... my guilds warrior MT is still to maintain almost the same threat, that i do. And also his burst threat in the beginning of a fight is much better than mine. Of course I catch up pretty fast... but 5% more Aggro is nothing i'd like to miss :)
Lev

Postby Coldaan » Fri May 18, 2007 10:18 am

if you keep in mind that your guild/raid will of course make some progress too, i guess you are right.^^

fortunately there is still some time to think about it^^
Coldaan

Return to Basic Training & Talents