Remove Advertisements

Glyphs

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Glyphs

Postby Knievel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:07 am

Been scrolling through here for glyph advice. Can somebody link it here to help me find it.

Or conversely review http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... nt/primary and tell me what to do different.

I haven't messed with them in a very long time.
Knievel

Re: Glyphs

Postby Cowmmunion » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:20 am

May I reccomend the forum dedicated almost entirely to such a thing?
viewforum.php?f=1
Cowmmunion

Postby Knievel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 pm

D'oh! I was looking through gear discussions! Thanks :)
Knievel

Postby econ21 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Theck's guide in the sub-forum has a good discussion of each glyph.

You probably should swap the prime glyph of crusader strike for the one that gives you 10 expertise (glyph of seal of truth or some such) as that's the biggest dps/threat boost for us.

I am not sure the major glyph hammer of wrath does much for us - that's more of a ret glyph I guess. You might consider instead, Holy Wrath as a good one for five mans and Cata in general, as there are lots of elementals and dragonkin. However, I've recently dropped it for Dragon Soul in favour of glpyh of divine protection which is very useful for mitigating magic bursts.

If you continue running mainly 5 mans, you might rethink focussed shield as hitting three targets is nice on trash and 5 mans have lots of trash. I used to run with lay on hands, as that panic button is great for 5 mans and the glpyh means it is up for most bosses. However, focussed shield is good for DS (and probably most raids) where there is little trash of consequence and boss fights are everything.

TLDR: if you want to focus on DS, I'd switch CS for SoT and HoW for DP.
econ21

Return to Basic Training & Talents