Wes's Spec - 10/41/10

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Wes's Spec - 10/41/10

Postby Wes » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:05 am

Due to the fact that I am at school, I have to type it. Bu ill post a link later on today.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVxZV0tIx0dgdxoV0x

The main thing about my build you might notice, is the addition of holy. I find that with the +10% intellect, i can focus on less of it from my gear, and thus, collect more warrior style gear, for the mitigation and health. Most of my spell damage of course is coming from my weapon, with a 40 SD enchant.

Then to add to that, the Spiritual Focus, i find nice, to be able to aid my priest still, if hes getting low on mana, or just plain lacking in the job. The ability to toss up Concentration over Retribution Aura and gain 100% interruption protection has landed me on a lot of priest friend lists. (Yes, I actually have priest message me to tank for them, not the other way around.)[/i]
Last edited by Wes on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wes - Level 70, Tankadin, Farstriders Server

Wes can, and will not be held responcable for spelling, and grammer errors or mistakes in the above post.
Wes

Postby Glyhelm » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:46 am

Are you just saying that you'll drop into a healing role while not actively tanking? Or that you'll actually cast a heal on yourself WHILE mobs are hitting on you?

Because, while you can do it without interruption and it may even occasionally save the day, healing yourself simply doesn't work well in harder instances.

The reason being that while you are casting a spell you CANNOT block or parry. In raid tanking you'll have bosses that you deliberately attempt to have a combined miss/dodge/block/parry of 100% because you can not afford to have them crit or crushing blow you. That loss of mitigation is fatal in those circumstances.
Glyhelm

Postby Wes » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:50 pm

Updated post with link, instead of list.

And yes, i do often heal while i am tanking at hte same time. But not on fast attacking mobs or packs.

I really only heal on some solo targets, or mobs that swing so slow, my redoubt and ohly shield dont get much of its effect. I understand that casting means no evasion, but at the same token, if they are swinging so slow that i rarely get to use my evasion, sometimes it seems the added healing power helps.

Allthough, once im in Karazhan, i was thinking of droping spi focus (keeping Divine Intellect... I like my warrior gear!) ANd putting them into ret and prot.

Wes can, and will not be held responcable for spelling, and grammer errors or mistakes in the above post.
Wes

Postby Aergis » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:55 pm

(keeping Divine Intellect... I like my warrior gear!)

You can have your cake and eat it too, while saving those 5 points as well. I have all warrior gear, minus the shoulders of righteousness simply because I haven't found anything better. My base mana is less than 4k, I believe, and have never had an issue with mana going dry. If you are only OTing on trash, then yes, the extra int might help since you will likely get less heals. MTing valets, arcane protectors, sorceress shades, ethereal theifs, or any of the bosses mana really becomes a non-issue.

Extra doesn't hurt, but I would only suggest putting into it if you really can't find anything else to do with those 5 points. Also remember it's 10% of your int, so look at how much int you have in tanking gear as well to see how large ( or small ) the bonus will be.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Wes » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:53 pm

Without it, i have barely over 4k mana, but with it, i get near 5k, over if we got a mage.

ANd with the way im built, theres really no other thing for me to grab talent wise IMO. I got pretty much all the mitigation talents, all i could get is maybe imp judgements or finish out 1h spec. But at the moment, my aggro is fine, its just sustaining that aggro, and the larger pool of mana seems to do that better for me.

Wes

Postby Aergis » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Allthough, once im in Karazhan,

Yeah, I was refering to this part. Imp judgement would help as well as 5/5 1H spec, more than likely more than 5/5 divine int. 5 mans and trash I have to dress down and use more spell damage and int gear over mitigation, because I mitigate enough damage to the point I don't get enough heals to regen mana.
Aergis
Site Admin

Return to Basic Training & Talents