Remove Advertisements

Retribution Build

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Retribution Build

Postby Perico » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:22 am

Question for you guys.

I usually tank or off heal but I recently ran into a situation where neither were needed.

When we do Void reaver- I have tried to off tank- but I run out of mana way too quick to remain a viable threat.

I was thinking of respecking ret for this fight- and any others that it may help in a 25 man.

I could use some help with the talents for this as well as some suggestions for non quested gear-(as I have probably had and vendored it already)

Thank you for any suggestions.

My armory link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Echo+Isles&n=Perico
Perico

Postby Zakkarai » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:59 am

You could try to, instead of totally giving up on the idea of off-tanking the encounter, get a spot in the same party as a shadow spec priest (ideal) or a restoration spec shaman (better than nothing) for that extra jolt to your mana regeneration. I also recommend chugging mana potions at every opportunity; I ended up going Engineer/Alchemist just so I could combine potion injectors with an alchemist stone trinket, though that's a steep sacrifice to make to ensure constant mana. The above options and some less drastic potion supply/delivery could still serve.
Zakkarai

Postby Oramac » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:14 am

having never tanked VR myself, i cant comment on that. i can say if you want to keep up at all on VR as ret you'll want in the neighborhood of 1600-1700 AP and 25%+ crit unbuffed with at least 8.6% +hit.

as for spec, this is a pretty common ret raid spec. although having tried PoJ on the PTR i dropped 3 points from Imp BOM for it. not sure if i will on live if i go ret, but the extra speed is rediculously nice to have.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Baelor » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:56 pm

http://wowhead.com/?talent=sxZVhZEf0t0cuiIot
5/8/48

That's the retribution raid build. Not much variation involved.

You'll want to gather up items that get you to 25% crit, 8.6% hit, and as much AP as you can muster.

If one of your other raiding paladins has Improved Blessing of Might you have a tiny bit of wiggle room in your build.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Perico » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:32 pm

Thank you for the info guys!

I appreciate it 8)
Perico

Return to Basic Training & Talents