Ret 2pc

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Ret 2pc

Postby callimar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Wasn't sure whether to post this in gear or off spec? Regardless, I am trying to find out how good the 2 set for ret actually is. Assuming hit/exp cap is it better to pick up 2pc or a couple of off pieces like the ring and trinket from VP? Its hard to make an educated decision since TV is 3rd on priority.
callimar

Re: Ret 2pc

Postby rodos » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:52 pm

The relative effectiveness of TV is likely to change in 4.0.6 with the new mastery. The added holy damage on TV should push it ahead of Exo. There's also some theorycrafting and/or testing to be done on whether the new mastery will result in more or less TV usage than currently.

Browse through the last few pages of EJ's Retribution Concordance for current thinking. The take-home message for me is that there might be some bugs on PTR (new HoL not benefiting from Inquisition) and numbers are not final.

If you're earning VP at a decent rate, you might want to pick up off-set pieces now and start saving VP again for set pieces in case they turn out to be beneficial once 4.0.6 is live.
rodos

Postby callimar » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Ya thanks man. Working on HM's now so I am hoping tier will be much more forthcoming... assuming we actually see anything but mail and leather. Thanks for the insight. If you find anything else out feel free to hit me up here and I will do the same.
callimar

Postby Arizair » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:21 am

another interesting fact for the ret offspecs is how decent the prot set bonuses are for ret. not seen any verification, but 4pc prot would be a 45s GoAK based on the way it's stated.
Arizair

Postby callimar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:57 pm

True but this couldnt possibly offset the loss of all the crit and haste... I dont think?
callimar

Postby Arizair » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:44 pm

been in a 2 10m guild that finally got a 25m going for the first few bosses and i had 2 pc prot, a pvp piece and a pvp weapon and ranked fairly high on dps cause i was hit capped and soft expertise capped. the increase to CS is amazing and while hand of light isn't that great when im dpsing, i can't help but wonder how much better all the mastery on my prot tier pieces will be once the patch lands.
i bought licence to slay as well... and i find it's a nice way to not need any reforging to hit anymore from my dodge/parry+mastery pieces so i can balance my dodge and parry more effectively.
Arizair

Return to Basic Training & Talents