10 / 41 / 10 post 2.1.0

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

10 / 41 / 10 post 2.1.0

Postby Ask » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:23 am

hello,

with the upcoming changes (imp SOR finally being fixed) I was thinking about a new build for my Tankadin; something along the lines of this :

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVVZV0tIx0dgtMoV0x

no, I do not want to put 2 points into weapon expertise, but since this calaculator doesnt have imp. holy shield in it, I decided to put 2 points in Weapon Expertise as a placeholder.

Anyways, I would lose Precision, imp. Judgement and Ardent Defender in exchange for 15% more SoR damage... Do you think this would be viable ?
I was thinking that with the SA nerf it would be good to have some more "passive" (not mana consuming) extra threat, and having a bit of extra mana from Divine Intellect doesnt sound to shabby either... well, and considering how seldom AD is used in raid situations, I might as well not pick it up at all...

so, tell me, what do you think about it ?
Ask

Re: 10 / 41 / 10 post 2.1.0

Postby honorshammer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:08 am

Ask wrote:hello,

with the upcoming changes (imp SOR finally being fixed) I was thinking about a new build for my Tankadin; something along the lines of this :

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aVVZV0tIx0dgtMoV0x

no, I do not want to put 2 points into weapon expertise, but since this calaculator doesnt have imp. holy shield in it, I decided to put 2 points in Weapon Expertise as a placeholder.

Anyways, I would lose Precision, imp. Judgement and Ardent Defender in exchange for 15% more SoR damage... Do you think this would be viable ?
I was thinking that with the SA nerf it would be good to have some more "passive" (not mana consuming) extra threat, and having a bit of extra mana from Divine Intellect doesnt sound to shabby either... well, and considering how seldom AD is used in raid situations, I might as well not pick it up at all...

so, tell me, what do you think about it ?

You also give up Guardian's Favor, which is a big cooldown reduction on your second "taunt" (Blessing of Protection) which also works on taunt immune bosses.
honorshammer

Postby Dorvan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:07 am

Honorshammer wrote:You also give up Guardian's Favor, which is a big cooldown reduction on your second "taunt" (Blessing of Protection) which also works on taunt immune bosses.

Many people are dropping GF for Imp HS in 0/49/12 anyway.

To the OP: I definitely think 10/41/10 is worth playing around with in 2.1. My only change would be to take AD instead of 1H Spec. I think AD is much more useful in 2.1, and mitigation is our top priority.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Tybalt » Fri May 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Dorvan wrote:To the OP: I definitely think 10/41/10 is worth playing around with in 2.1. My only change would be to take AD instead of 1H Spec. I think AD is much more useful in 2.1, and mitigation is our top priority.

I'd say drop Reckoning instead of 1h spec. Double SoR damage 10% of the time vs. 5% increase to all damage (especially holy shield, JoR, consecration & AS?). I think I'd go that way if I were trying your build.

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby d077Z » Thu May 10, 2007 12:58 am

Dorvan wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:You also give up Guardian's Favor, which is a big cooldown reduction on your second "taunt" (Blessing of Protection) which also works on taunt immune bosses.

Many people are dropping GF for Imp HS in 0/49/12 anyway.

To the OP: I definitely think 10/41/10 is worth playing around with in 2.1. My only change would be to take AD instead of 1H Spec. I think AD is much more useful in 2.1, and mitigation is our top priority.

AD is not more useful imo (still)

Here is a quick rundown of (2.1) leapfrog numbers
10k- 3.5k
12k 4.2k
14k 4.9k
15k 5.25k
16k 5.6k
18k 6.3k
20k 7k
22k 7.7k
~ limit off possible HP numbers

Would you seriously let you tank get that low? I doubt it. AD is still a pesudo shitty shield wall.

I would go with the the extra threat (Allowing you to take more mitigation / dps to get a larger dps number w/o pulling agro).
d077Z

Postby Lore » Thu May 10, 2007 7:07 am

d077Z wrote:Would you seriously let you tank get that low? I doubt it. AD is still a pesudo shitty shield wall.

In a non-heroic 5-man, if I got that low, I'd yell.

In a raid, it happens quite a lot. Even with full crush immunity there's still spike damage, and that means I can drop below 5k health in a hurry. Surviving another hit at that point gives the healers time to catch me back up.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Rhodair » Fri May 11, 2007 3:36 am

I'm real interested in this spec now and was thinking of keeping AD and giving up reckoning for imp righteousness simply because I'd rather spend points on taking damage than dealing it. I find righteousness more appealing than reckoning since it's reliable. However, I'm curious if anyone knows what the threat difference would be on a single opponent. Is there a certain boss attack speed where righteousness becomes better than reckoning due to less procs?
Rhodair

Postby Eloff » Fri May 11, 2007 3:02 pm

Don't forget that reckoning procs less as your gear and avoidance goes up... so there is no boss specific attack speed. It's all character specific.

I'm not a huge fan of reckoning in it's current state (and my current / planned gear). Points easily used elsewhere.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Return to Basic Training & Talents