Remove Advertisements

Improved Devotion Aura

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Improved Devotion Aura

Postby Aedh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:16 pm

I've been thinking about removing imp devo for a few reasons. My first reasoning is that as we gain more and more armor the extra armor imp devo would contribute less and less to total physical mitigation. Right? My second reasoning is based on whether we need the 6% extra healing. We don't pick up divinity because all it does is contribute to over heal, and is a poor investment of talents, of course imp devo does give us a lot more for our points.
I know I could easily get away with doing this in a heroic tanking build, but I am wondering about the overall viability for use as a raid tanking build.
This started because I want DS/DG AND reckoning 3/5.

Thought, ideas, math and flames are welcome.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

Re: Improved Devotion Aura

Postby blakk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Aedh wrote:I've been thinking about removing imp devo for a few reasons. My first reasoning is that as we gain more and more armor the extra armor imp devo would contribute less and less to total physical mitigation. Right? My second reasoning is based on whether we need the 6% extra healing. We don't pick up divinity because all it does is contribute to over heal, and is a poor investment of talents, of course imp devo does give us a lot more for our points.
I know I could easily get away with doing this in a heroic tanking build, but I am wondering about the overall viability for use as a raid tanking build.

it's armor. period. EH>threat IMO
blakk

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Aedh wrote:I've been thinking about removing imp devo for a few reasons. My first reasoning is that as we gain more and more armor the extra armor imp devo would contribute less and less to total physical mitigation. Right? My second reasoning is based on whether we need the 6% extra healing. We don't pick up divinity because all it does is contribute to over heal, and is a poor investment of talents, of course imp devo does give us a lot more for our points.

Well Divinity is just heals on you, Devo aura is all heals on the raid, resto druids do give the same buff though. While it's true that the percentage mitigation contribution from the armor gets to be less, it's still mitigation and in my opinion a better option than a little more threat.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Anorian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:25 am

The percentage of dmg reduction lowers per added armor but the value of the added armor goes up at the same time.

It takes a little armor to go from 0 to 1% reduction but that is a 1% dmg reduction. From 70 to 71% takes a whole lot more armor but you are reducing the dmg intake by a bit over 3%.
Anorian

Postby lythac » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 am

^ what she said.

This is from level 70, same outcome at level 80.

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Anorian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:09 am

lythac wrote:^ what she said.

:shock: :D
Anorian

Postby Vorianloken » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:57 am

I love armor. makes me tingle more and more the more armor I get. So that answers the first part of your question about devo aura.

Second, do you regularly run with a resto druid? If yes, then the healing part of imp devo is not so valuable since trees pick it up for less cost. If no, then this is a vital talent.

Third, would your DS/DG + reck 3/5 spec also include SoCleave? If yes, and yes you regularly run with a resto druid then the talent doesn't seem so hot. But if no and no, then do not skip imp devo to take reckoning.
Vorianloken - 80 Prot/Ret || Ajeet - 80 Frost Tank/Unholy DPS || Nunnaly - 80 Cat/Tree Druid || Bulveye - 74 Protection Warrior || Sherana - 80 Combat Rogue || Shadallas - 40 Demo Warlock

US-Medivh Power! 7th April 2010 - The day when Dual-Wield Frost Tanking was assassinated. R.I.P my dear friend.
Vorianloken

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 am

lythac wrote:^ what she said.

This is from level 70, same outcome at level 80.

The armor cap at l80 is 49,905, so like that graph, only moar.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents