Remove Advertisements

Glyph of Salvaion

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Glyph of Salvaion

Postby Lionnis » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Figured I'd add my two cents on this. I use this on many fights now in ICC especially now that we are working on hardmodes.

I mostly main tank, but with the many many cooldowns we have i find it better on a lot of fights to soak and utilize these many cooldowns, especially with hardmode damage.
Lionnis
Maintankadonor

Re: Glyph of Salvaion

Postby inthedrops » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Yup, huge fan of the glyph. We've killed all 25 man heroic bosses but LK and this glyph is wonderful for at least half of them. Most notably, our first Sindragosa kill. It's gotten to the point that I occasionally use it for random "oh #$%^" moments too when careless mistakes or RNG occurs. That it allows you to handle all of your own cooldowns on LK (normal) is quite nice too. I feel fairly invincible there! And it lets the warrior tank worry more about Vile Spirits than with intervenes.

It took me a while to get used to it and get over the whole threat drop thing. But it is really less of an issue than I thought it would be. I cancel it as quickly as I can for the situation so I don't think I usually let it tick for more than 5 seconds.

The only fight that I avoid using it on is Saurfang. Even though I warned the other tank once that I was going to use it, he still almost sky rocketed above me in threat and I had to cancel it really quick. Decided I'll just be smarter about blood power and cooldowns sub 30% instead of using Salv :)

I'm going to start playing around with the shield glyph in placement of this one when not needed. I've yet to use it and it seems handy for the few fights where extra threat would help.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents