Glyph of Salvaion

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Glyph of Salvaion

Postby Araiken » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Do people still use the glyph of Salvation and how does it compare to other glyphs now. I still have my glyph way back from mimiron 10 hard mode to soak the plasmablast. I guess I am just wondering what everyone else's opinion is on this glyph.
Araiken

Re: Glyph of Salvaion

Postby Serv » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 am

I still use it for Festergut25. And since there is no need for the HotR glyph right now, it is in my specc all the time.
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby Awyndel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:03 am

I still use it. I also use the DG macro. And combined with shield wall, AD, trinket and armor potion, I still want more cooldowns :D
Awyndel

Postby Eyes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Still no glyphs worth using instead of salvation. I use it on saurfang/festergut and occasionally rotface if I let the big ooze get too close sub 30%. wtb 4pc t10 and another cooldown.
Eyes of Laughing Skull
Eyes

Postby Folstar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:53 pm

So far in ICC I use GoS on just about every encounter-

Marrowgar- one of the tanks will still hold aggro easily and less damage is always good, especially when a healer gets spiked
Deathwhisper- pop it during trash, nothing game shattering
Gunship- free CD while bronzebeard is beating you
Saurfang- I can't use it here because of aggro happy dps, but some might
Rotface- extra CD for kiting to close/through slime
Festergut- YES PLEASE!
Princes- free CD while your prince is not invocated

We haven't had much success against Putricide or Queenwhatsherface and it is probably all the tanks' fault.
Folstar

Postby Elsie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Do people still use the glyph of Salvation and how does it compare to other glyphs now. I still have my glyph way back from mimiron 10 hard mode to soak the plasmablast. I guess I am just wondering what everyone else's opinion is on this glyph.

The only other options are threat (Judgement, avenger's shield) or utility (HotR). The utility is largely wasted, and threat is a personal call. Otherwise, it's a spare CD on some important fights like Festergut (where threat shouldn't be an issue). In fact, it's pretty game-breaking / OP on Festergut. Considering that's the 'tank check' fight right now, you're looking at Divine Protection, Ardent Defender, Divine Guardian, and Salvation glyph. Warriors have Last Stand and Shield Wall (probably 40%). Druids have Barkskin and Mother Bear. Death Knights have Icebound Fortitude and 2-3 other CDs depending on spec. In other words, with Hand of Salvation glyph you're the only tank who reliably has 4 anti-physical CDs - all of which are on a 2min timer without any glyph/spec issues.

On Saurfang right now it's kind of useless unless you get really far ahead in threat. On Lady Deathwhisperer... sort of hard to say besides it can reduce some minor aoe damage.
Elsie

Postby PsiVen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 am

Threat is an issue on Festergut if you don't happen to be the first tank in the rotation, the other tank will be riding your ass with higher stacks. Personally I haven't felt the need for another CD (I'm still using taunt glyph from Anub HM) and I haven't seen many good places to use it, but that might change come hardmodes.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Levantine » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:55 am

Just a little caveat even though it's a bit necro, Death Knights have Icebound, AMS and one other cooldown that's spec specific. AMS is Magic damage only and Frost's talented Unbreakable Armor is Physical only.
Levantine

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:47 am

PsiVen wrote:Threat is an issue on Festergut if you don't happen to be the first tank in the rotation, the other tank will be riding your ass with higher stacks. Personally I haven't felt the need for another CD (I'm still using taunt glyph from Anub HM) and I haven't seen many good places to use it, but that might change come hardmodes.

Even there it's not a huge issue. I regularly two-tank this with a druid, whom I let tank first so they can go cat form and DPS. As soon as they switch to kitty form, it's not really a problem. I usually use HoSalv last though, to give me time to get some stacks and build some initial threat over them. My cooldown order usually goes GS->bubblewall->HoSalv (saving raidwall for the raid-wide aoe).

However, I'll agree that if you reverse the order on those cooldowns, it has the potential to be disastrous. HoSalv really should be the last cooldown you use, otherwise you'll lose threat almost immediately.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Folstar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Festergut is practically the reason for getting Glyph of Salvation. As Theck mentioned bears can switch to kitties. All other tanks can change stance/presence/drop RF to fall behind in aggro (usually 20-30% behind by the time I want to use HoSalv).

Perhaps it is my fever, or maybe just a tragic brain fart, but what is GS?
Folstar

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Folstar wrote:Perhaps it is my fever, or maybe just a tragic brain fart, but what is GS?

Guardian Spirit.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby deigo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Good cool down for arthus as well. The Soul Reaper ability. Threat should not be an issue at this point in the fight in for 2 reasons.

1) The off tank/main tank taunts as soon as it is applied to u.
2) All dps has to periodically switch dps to the Valk's.

Even if the OT/MT taunts after the debuff and salvs runs it full duration. He should taunt after, resume building threat, then u taunt back again when he gets the debuff.

But I personally dont use this glyph. If i should or not is beside the point. I have yet to see a fight where me dying has been a repeating factor(aside from arthus when i'll probably trade out for it). The tank gear check (festergut) fight, i tank second and this week he was almost dead before his big aoe thing. DP and GS was all I needed.

Now when i start doing heroic mode..... we shall see.
deigo

Postby TonabShin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:18 am

Had this glyph back on Gormok. I don't have any survivability issues, tank deaths weren't really an issue on Festergut when we started on him. Haven't tried hardmodes yet and I might get the glyph then. Personally I use salvation when the other tank pulls, so I can go crazy with AW. Its a useful cooldown but as theck states, can be more of a burden if used at the wrong time.
Deveaux - Lost Society - Tarren Mill EU
TonabShin

Postby Awyndel » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:55 am

Remember you can cancel it again after you have received the spike damage. Sometimes you need it for the full duration but sometimes only for a second, and u can cancel it again with a macro for instance. It doesn't cost a lot of threat then.
Awyndel

Postby Torquemada » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Used to use Judgement as my third when threat was an issue(e.g. Hodir HM). Used Salv up through the time we got to Anub'arak HMs(Still haven't downed it on 25, but it's partly because the guild CBF'd to run a second shield tank through Naxx for block gear), when I switched to Holy Wrath so I could interrupt the Shadow Strikes every time they came up. Since then, I've seen how absolutely overpowered Holy Wrath is on ICC trash and even on Valithria, so I've kept it without a real need for a CD or a threat increase atm. It's our dps getting killed on things like Blood Queen that's hampering us atm.
Torquemada

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents