Remove Advertisements

Seal of command

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Seal of command

Postby dewkstraykr » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Kuma wrote:I am personally really happy about the change to SHIELD OF RIGHTEOUS CLEAVING. Had a blast in ICC the other night pulling 5-6k DPS on trash and upsetting a few of my DPSers. Hell, I was upsetting our DK tank! Feels good to be "THE AOE TANK" once again. :mrgreen:

3/5 Reck + SoCom = 6k+ dps on all the trash in ICC last night. Our other tank (a warrior) ended up going afk and jumping about spamming thunderclap/demo shout for me, as he couldnt get aggro on anything within my melee range.

Bad part of the night was when we did ToGC 10 after clearing the 4 achievements in ICC for the glory meta out. We were on anub with 50 attempts left as usual, when the first set of 2 adds came out, he got aggro on them, pulled onto the ice. Well, my SotR + conc + SoCom damage hit the adds so hard with crits multiple times in 3-4 seconds, that the adds bee lined directly to me, and got out of his range for shockwave to interrupt shadowstrike, which caused 1 to go off, and the other to burrow.

Needless to say, after the wipe and rebuffing, I assigned myself to adds, and had to watch like a hawk that I didnt pull aggro on the boss with all the Shield of Righteous Cleaving and reckoning procs doing just as much tps on boss as he was doing /blush. Now I feel bad for the couple guys we took with us that didnt have the tribute run/mount/cloak yet :(
dewkstraykr

Postby theckhd » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:48 pm

dewkstraykr wrote:Bad part of the night was when we did ToGC 10 after clearing the 4 achievements in ICC for the glory meta out. We were on anub with 50 attempts left as usual, when the first set of 2 adds came out, he got aggro on them, pulled onto the ice. Well, my SotR + conc + SoCom damage hit the adds so hard with crits multiple times in 3-4 seconds, that the adds bee lined directly to me, and got out of his range for shockwave to interrupt shadowstrike, which caused 1 to go off, and the other to burrow.

Needless to say, after the wipe and rebuffing, I assigned myself to adds, and had to watch like a hawk that I didnt pull aggro on the boss with all the Shield of Righteous Cleaving and reckoning procs doing just as much tps on boss as he was doing /blush. Now I feel bad for the couple guys we took with us that didnt have the tribute run/mount/cloak yet :(

If you were tanking Anub'arak, why were you using SoCom in the first place? Seal of Vengeance would have done more DPS.

In my experience, just hold off on HotR when the adds are being positioned, that way you don't run the risk of a stray Hammer crit pulling one off of the add tank. After a few seconds he should have stable aggro and you can stop skipping HotR.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby danceswithchihuahuas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:13 pm

The joys of being an engineer.

I usually just chuck a Saronite Bomb rather than waste a talent point. Bam, semi snap aggro.

(especially because SB's and Goblin Sapper Charges don't have cast times now)
I get hit in the face for purples.

Tankadin since '06 and no signs of stopping!

danceswithchihuahuas

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:36 am

danceswithchihuahuas wrote:The joys of being an engineer.

I usually just chuck a Saronite Bomb rather than waste a talent point. Bam, semi snap aggro.

Bonus with it's huge radius and those pesky casters in FoS.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:19 am

Cobatlt bomb onnna belt ftw. Its nice to have another interrupt, even if it does have a 2 min cooldown.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:24 am

Njall wrote:

Cobatlt bomb onnna belt ftw. Its nice to have another interrupt, even if it does have a 2 min cooldown.

And it doesn't overwrite the belt buckle! =D
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Njall wrote:

And it doesn't overwrite the belt buckle! =D

Yep. And when I go back to Ulduar (raid or instance) or someplace like that, I just quickly tinker up a bot-stun belt. I've been making a surprising amount of money farming for Volatile Triggers that drop from various mechanical corpses - for some reason they've been selling for about 5 gp each.

Or I turn them into Mammoth Cutters and sell those for about 10-15 gp each.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:33 am

I wish cutters would sell for that much here... Recently someone spammed the ah with over 7k stacks of cutters for cheaper than the mats that they cost.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:25 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I wish cutters would sell for that much here... Recently someone spammed the ah with over 7k stacks of cutters for cheaper than the mats that they cost.

Yes, that happens sometimes too. But selling mid week. However, Saronite Razorheads are a steady income as they are always between 8-10 gp a stack and cost less to make - though the price of Saronite has risen to around 2.5 gp a bar on my server. Titanium bars, on the other hand, have dropped to 15-20 gp a bar (as predicted).

Sigh. I still have no idea if I should be considering a respect to use Reckoning and SoC. I'm comfortable with SoV and so forth but I don't want to be more complacent than I already am. :)

Admittedly, Reckoning was a hoot when leveling but I dropped it like a GTSC as soon as I dinged 70.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby _Irons_ » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Last night in ICC10, I pulled 8.5k DPS on initial trash packs using the 53/18 seal of command build with 3/5 reckoning.

:D
_Irons_

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Heh, my first foray into ICC10, someone's like "What's with this paladin tank topping dps?" and was met with the reply "He's in an aoe tank spec". I was in the standard 53/18, WITHOUT SoComm at the time.... I gotta try that in ReckSpec.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Araiken » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:07 am

So I just made my second spec reck/Soc with the hammer glyph...I was just wondering what the ideal weapon for this set up be? 2.6 speed or a 1.6
Araiken

Postby Deano » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:57 am

I am also wondering this. If there is a DPS\TPS differnece worth having a 2.6 weapon on switch for these kinds of situations.
Deano

Postby Gamingdevil » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:10 am

A slow weapon will always be an increase in damage done, especially with reckoning.

Contrary to HotR, seals deal damage based on weapon damage, meaning the speed actually matters. They also proc from loads of instant attacks, meaning you will hardly notice your weapon being slower, just higher seal damage.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby srpnt » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Are you sure on that?

I have two weapons with nearly identical dps - the two ilvl 251 axes from ICC. One has a swing speed of 1.5 and the other has a swing speed of 2.6. I'm currently running SoComm with the 1.5s for trash and SoV/2.6s for bosses.

The reasoning was that since the SoComm text indicates that it does a flat amount of damage. If that's the case and it goes off each hit, more hits equals more damage.

Is there something I'm unaware of that makes the seal scale better with slower weapons? I'd be glad to hear that my best option is to use the 2.6 exclusively when building threat, it's one less thing to micromanage.
srpnt

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents