Remove Advertisements

A disturbing trend

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: A disturbing trend

Postby Solare » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:33 pm

I don't think you necessarily have to be in a "top 100 guild" kind of situation in order to have a customized spec. I'm certainly not, especially when 25s are taken into consideration. But I have a 10-man group that takes it pretty seriously, and our raid attendance is near 100%. So I've worked it out with our rogue for him to use the drum of 8% Kings while I buff the melee dps with 2/2 Improved Blessing of Might. It's slightly better dps than 10% Kings and standard Might, and leaves our warrior tank free to use Commanding Shout.

You find yourself doing odd things when you have a customized group like that. Like how I glyphed into Holy Wrath for ToGC Anub add tanking for interrupts and still haven't switched back to Salvation. I haven't found a need for the Salv glyph since they made the changes to Ardent Defender (Could have really used it on Fire Fighter Mimi, which was about the only fight I ever had a definite use for it) and it's enjoyable for snap threat on ICC trash and daily random heroics.

I think the really unique quantity of my 10 man is how we only use two healers for everything. This has lead to some problems in the past (I already talked about Mimi) as some fights seem really designed for 3 heals in 10 man. Most recently, we had enormous problems with the Princes when we initially tried using '3' tanks. It seems the function of 2 healers keeping up 3 tanks is really very taxing, so 1 tank on Force and Fire Prince, 1 tank on Shadow Prince = profit. Still a crazy fight where everyone is running around like a chicken with their head cut off. But for contrast, it was much easier downing Queen Lana'thel and about the only issue we had was the timing of the bites as to not have it coincide with her flight phase.
Solare

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:37 am

Headless chickens don't really run around, you know? Even the one that lived a few months without it's head was still quite tame.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Solare » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:38 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Headless chickens don't really run around, you know? Even the one that lived a few months without it's head was still quite tame.

For a time, I was going to respond with a video of a chicken with it's head cut off. But after viewing a minor amount of material (including this unrelated video of a chicken with it's head still attached on a rotisserie apparently making vocal noise), I thought, "What kind of emotionally and ascetically numb person would want to share something like that?"

So, in rebuttal, here is a picture of a kitten.

Solare

Postby Holysmokin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Headless chickens don't really run around, you know? Even the one that lived a few months without it's head was still quite tame.

if you've ever taken a chickens head off without "ringing" it first it actually can flip out and do pretty much anything short of biting you.
Holysmokin

Postby xstratax » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:12 am

Whats with todays young Prot Paladins giving up TbtL...seriously, there is NO argument I can imagine that justifies it.
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:36 am

Some of these paladins prot specs may be PvP protribution.

(did I get that right?)

PvP paladin in my guild uses this build which has 0/2 SA, 0/5 deflection and 5/5 Benediction. Does the odd Heroic as prot as far as I know. Not everyone you meet will have a PvE orientated prot spec.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby xstratax » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 am

Unfortunately the ones I know are not PvP Prot at all...theyre "Raid Tanks", and get out Threat in 8s or less...
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Postby Poetry » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:26 pm

I PVP as Prot frequently, and I'd never dream of giving up TbtL for the same reasons that it's in my PVE raid spec. Spell power scaling is just too good to pass up.
Poetry

Postby chinoquezada » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:54 am

On Hard Modes, the only valid reason to not have JotJ specced is for Saurfang. You take 2 points out of it to gain Guardian's favor and have 2 BoPs for the entire 4.x min fight.

For everything else, not having JotJ is stupid.
chinoquezada

Postby Hecanthra » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:36 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:First of all, there's a script that allows you to read the attack speed of your target.

Slightly offtopic, but this sounds nifty. What is the script or is there an addon that does it?
Hecanthra

Postby cds4850 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:51 am

Hecanthra wrote:Slightly offtopic, but this sounds nifty. What is the script or is there an addon that does it?

Use the following to see your target's swing speed:
Code: Select all
/script mainSpeed, offSpeed = UnitAttackSpeed("target"); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Main Hand: "..mainSpeed); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Off-Hand: "..offSpeed);
cds4850

Postby Chasey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 am

cds4850 wrote:
Hecanthra wrote:Slightly offtopic, but this sounds nifty. What is the script or is there an addon that does it?

Use the following to see your target's swing speed:
Code: Select all
/script mainSpeed, offSpeed = UnitAttackSpeed("target"); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Main Hand: "..mainSpeed); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Off-Hand: "..offSpeed);

Thanks for the script! I will be using that
Chasey

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents