Eye for an Eye

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Eye for an Eye

Postby Nevyn » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:16 pm

Sorry if this is a repost. Haven't been able to find anything in the forum so far..

*sorry if this is a double post as well. Posted just before but login had expired and it doesn't seem to have taken*

I am currently running a 0/53/18 build

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xm ... 0000000000

I am wondering about Eye for an Eye.

Being def capped it seems like a redundant talent seeing it is based on being crit'd?

Would it not be more useful moving the 2 points to Reckoning to take it from 3/5 to 5/5?

Or does it have some other benefits that I am missing?

Cheers

N
Nevyn

Re: Eye for an Eye

Postby ulushnar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Don't take Eye for an Eye at all. Fill out Conviction to 3/3. That's pretty much the only reason for going to 18 in Ret.

Also find whoever told you to take E4AE and emasculate them with an ice cream scoop.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Nevyn » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:34 pm

This was my first build on my first char... So it was probably me :P

Was looking at it with new eyes as I've been tanking for a little while now and it just didn't make sense.

Just wanted to check I was correct in that assumption.

So 2 points in conviction instead of reckoning?

I assume the third point you talk of would come from crusade?
Nevyn

Postby theckhd » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 am

I'm pretty sure he meant 3/3 Crusade, not Conviction.

Crusade is the only reason to go more than 14 points in Ret. Any build with N points in ret that doesn't have N-15 in Crusade isn't a well-thought-out tanking spec.

Eye for an Eye is a pvp talent, not a PvE one. It's utterly useless for a tank, as you shouldn't be crit by melee, and boss spells don't crit at all.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Awyndel » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:41 am

touched by light and crusade are really not optional when you go 53/18. Specially with most toc mobs being crusade type ones.

1/2 in bom is useless coz somebody else will buff it, and if you really need to buff it yourself you prolly need 2/2. Seal of command is only good above 3 mobs so only take it if you REALLY love trash packs and need more threat or less time spent on them.

Considering you're using a lot of utility I would advice you to put the 3 point filler from prot into DS and DG for more utility. Although the situations where a prot uses DS are far and few, if you don't have 3 holy paladins in your raid it can be good to have an impr sacred shield for yourself or somebody else taking the beating. If you do have those holy paladins take impr stuns instead for the faction champions fight ;) . Some ppl advocate stun resist but that only works on icehowl and he is on farm i hope :D .

So something like:
http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xm ... 0000000000
You can swap around the 3 filler points in prot to whatever you prefer, and if you need bom or soc you can take points out of crusade/benediction.
Awyndel

Return to Basic Training & Talents