Remove Advertisements

3.2 Specs: Summary of options

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 3.2 Specs: Summary of options

Postby Palabrewtis » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Vindication
cost: 4+2
Very powerful talent, its a nearly 100% uptime max power demo shout. This is the biggest survivability talent we can take with our 12 points.

Did I miss something in the patch notes, or am I just wrong in thinking Vindication doesn't even work in most raid situations (most specifically bosses)?

Vindication: Redesigned. Now lowers target attack power, is consistent and does not stack with Demoralizing Shout.

Heh, found it myself ^_^
Palabrewtis

Postby Corpsicle » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Actually, on mobs affected by the addition 3% damage from crusade (demons, undead, humanoids, elementals), a crusade build comes out ahead of a Seals of the Pure build for threat, based on Thecks calculations over in the Advanced Training Forum. I believe the idea presented there is that as long as you are going deep enough into ret to open up crusade, which any Vindication/Pursuit of Justice build does, then Crusdae is better than Seals of the Pure.

For more detail, graphs and all, check out the last several pages of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20823

For myself, I will be using a 53/18 build, probably take the points in reckoning for 'fun factor' for the moment, then if needed swap to a DS/Imp HoJ 53/18 build down the road. I loved reckoning while leveling, its nice that it doesn't completely suck anymore. :P
Corpsicle

Postby Nakalus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:21 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbu ... obc:Gpkcmz

Just found this spec @ viewtopic.php?p=472497#p472497

Why are there 2 points at imp Judge? That destroys the 969 rotation?
Nakalus

Postby Candiru » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:24 am

It doesn't destroy the rotation at all, you still use judgement every 9s. It might be a "wasted" point though, but your other option is benediction, or 1/2 imp might and neither is that appealing.

It means if you are running away and back sometimes you can judge 1s earlier.
Candiru

Postby Magnilda » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:30 am

I always go for the 2/2 Imp Judg instead of 1/5 Benediction. Having Judgement on CD 1sec sooner is nice for trash and mana is rarely an issue.
Magnilda

Postby Nakalus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:38 am

Tankadin: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbu ... obc:Gpkcmz
Retri: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZEMZVfbxbIuhdIfsu:a0G (2 points variable... GF -> Vindication) I've done that spec very quick.

/discuss :>
Nakalus

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:55 am

Nakalus wrote:Retri: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZEMZVfbxbIuhdIfsu:a0G (2 points variable... GF -> Vindication) I've done that spec very quick.>

Why would you take Guardian's Favor over Divine Sacrifice? You don't have points to improve it anymore, but it's still -30% damage on the raid.

Also, I wish it were possible to fit 2/2 Vindication in a ret build, but if you want DS it requires dropping points in something important :(
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Wardari » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:14 am

Candiru wrote:well, SoV is now better than conviction, and equal to crusade on non-Hued mobs so it does change where you stick points!

With all mobs in the new raid, barring the beast boss taking double bubble from Crusade, it's still better than SotP with SoV. The only thing I shall be changing in my build are two points moving over into vindication for the AP debuff.
Wardari

Postby Threatco » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Cans someone tell me. What happened to prot dmeo shout? I dont see it
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Noradin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:55 am

Threatco wrote:Cans someone tell me. What happened to prot dmeo shout? I dont see it

Vindivcation? ^^
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Keion » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:58 am

If you still need to farm heroics for badges I suggest taking hammer of justice as it helps you continue clearing trash while PuGed healer is AFK.
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby Macktruck » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:28 am

For Prot I dropped 3/5 Conviction for 2/2 Vindication and dropped all 3 pts out of DS/DG for 3/5 Reckoning.

For Ret I took two pts out of DG and put them into Vindication. The 5 pts I woulda used on Guardian's Favor and Stoicism went to SotP. I still have Divine Sacrifice, but it's not improved.

Nothing fatally lost.
Macktruck

Postby Nadir » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:00 pm

I went for 1/1 DS, 2/2 HoJ, 2/2 PoJ, 2/2 Vindication, 1/5 Conviction, 3/3 Crusade.

Threat's not really an issue. I prefer the utility of a 20 second stun and DS+Divine Protection or DS+Divine Shield in certain situations.
Nadir

Postby Eanin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:12 am

I noticed you didn't put a second point in Spiritual Attunement as an option. It's a pretty good one and given that you think it's worth putting one point in, it would seem reasonable to put in a second.

What I'm kind of wondering is which gives more threat: 3/5 SotP or 1/5 Conviction+2/3 Crusade? If I take the second SA point, I can't get 3/3 Crusade.
Eanin

Postby Florisia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:56 am

Eanin wrote:I noticed you didn't put a second point in Spiritual Attunement as an option. It's a pretty good one and given that you think it's worth putting one point in, it would seem reasonable to put in a second.

I actually threw another point in Spiritual Attunement, even though it wasn't even directly related to the patch. While it's generally a 'No-No' because Tankadins have several mana replenishment(And non mana-burning) methods, I find myself more comfortable with that extra mana cushion from the healer. I rarely have a problem holding threat from people, and because I like to keep Consec up even in situations where I don't always need it(<6 targets). I'd think it'd be a good option if you're having more mana control issues, or if you prefer to play with a constantly full bladder. I'd probably switch to one of the above pending any issues with threat gen.
Florisia

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents