Remove Advertisements

3.2 Spec, critique needed.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

3.2 Spec, critique needed.

Postby Rhuubarb » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I am currently using this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdts0x0c

And was wondering with the vindication change in 3.2, which I want to spec into, how I should respec.

Note that I only run 10 mans (currently 11/14 uld) and our team atm has no warrior or other paladins. Also I generally OT most fights where there is a difference between the two tank's roles, exceptions to this are Hodir (I have the FR gear) and IC (I do the fusion punches and the other tank interrupts Brundir). Also, I have no threat problems when I am on the boss, seeing as the dps in our team are either ungeared or just can't perform to a higher level.

As you can see from my current spec I am not specced into PoJ, but my enchants on my boots are of the 22 stam variety, rather than a MS increase.

Because I am going to respec for 3.2, I am considering taking PoJ, Vindication and Imp. BoM, leaving me with 0 points in Conviction. Something that would look like: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxsr0bc

Do you think this is reasonable or would I be better off skipping PoJ and having the 2% crit, skipping Imp.BoM as well, and having 3% crit, and seeing as I have been tanking without MS increases, would it advised to stay that way or would losing 7 stam for Tuskarr's MS be worth it?

I have a preference of what I want to go, but I would like some other opinions and feedback.
Rhuubarb

Re: 3.2 Spec, critique needed.

Postby Venoseth » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:14 pm

PoJ is an unquantifiable benefit to any Paladin spec (any time you move, you could have come w/in range 15% sooner, or stayed in 15% longer w/o getting hit by an AoE, etcetera).

The two ways you get a movement speed increase are PoJ (15% at the cost of 2 talent points which only helps your DPS/TPS) or Tuskarr's Vitality, (7% movement and 15 stam at the cost of a higher stam enchant).

So your two options (should you decide to get a +movement % enchant) are:
1) +15% more movement, -2% crit (for threat/DPS)
2) only +8% movement at the loss of 7 stam from your boot enchant

Personally, I've come around to having PoJ. It can make the difference, and I don't have to give up any survivability for it, so easy choice for me, tanking end-game content.

If I was doing heroics or needed higher TPS/DPS I'd take Tuskarr's and 5/5 Convic. For PvP I'd still be sure and take PoJ (closing is difficult as a Paladin against some classes).
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Re: 3.2 Spec, critique needed.

Postby Wardari » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:30 am

I also take PoJ for the reasons listed above, I also like it because it enables me to get back after a wipe nice and quickly. Being that protadins have a fairly low mana pool unbuffed, its fine for what we need when tanking but when having to bless an entire raid I do sometimes find I need to stop halfway through and mana up again.

It's not a sole reason to take it, but its another little added bonus as I can get back put up righetous fury and SoV, eat my food buff and mana up again before the last guy returns then i'm good to bless while all the other raid buffs are going up.

Overall it's a talent that I'd really be loathed to give up for something else, I'm somewhat happy that SotP has turned out to be less beneficial than Crusade for 3.2 with all but one beast boss double dipping from it's effects.
Wardari

Return to Basic Training & Talents