Remove Advertisements

Divine Sacrifice w/ Patch 3.2 PTR

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Divine Sacrifice w/ Patch 3.2 PTR

Postby polpak » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:12 pm

I had heard a rumor from a few posts on the official forums that Divine Sacrifice no longer continues for the full duration while the Paladin is affected by Divine Shield, and instead only redirects the "normal" 150% of the paladins hp. Currently on live, if you have Divine Shield it doesn't count damage absorbed by divine shield toward this total.

So far I haven't seen anyone mention or confirm this, and I was wondering if someone on the PTR could test if this is the case. The posts I've seen that mention it reference a couple of screenshots of combat logs rather than any actual logs, so I'm curious, but not convinced.

Here's the screenshots:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/ ... ivsac1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/ ... ivsac2.jpg

Taking them together you can see that the sacrifice effect only lasted 8 seconds rather than the full 10. Without the actual combat log it's difficult to tell how much damage the raid was taking at that time, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks
polpak

Re: Divine Sacrifice w/ Patch 3.2 PTR

Postby Braundo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 am

I just saw mention of this on Banana Shoulders as well. If so, this severely nerfs the utility of this ability. Granted, it's still useful, but in a 25-man raid, this would be somewhere around 60k damage redirected = 2.4k per raid member. Not terrible, I guess, but it's not going to make a huge difference for a lot of fights unless you have a steady DS rotation going or something. And if a Holy paladin does it, it'd only be around 1.2k per raid member (assuming 20k health on the paladin).

Mayhaps we have another talent point freed up in 3.2?
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby baneoftruth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:14 pm

This change will severely diminish the utility of this talent...it will still help a little bit, but not nearly as much as it used to. I've used DS+DS many times on Hodir Frozen Blows, Freya Detonating Lashers, XT Tantrum, TIC lightning tendrils, and every now and then to absorb damage from the main tank when Hand of Sacrifice was on cooldown, and I'm sure I'd continue to use it in these places if I keep the talent (where else would I put the point...Reckoning? Divinity?), but it won't be nearly as raid-saving as it used to be...I'm quite disappointed in this.
baneoftruth

Postby Jasari » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:34 pm

This rumor goes around every time a new patch is released. Until I see a WoLogs (or equivalent) report showing nerfed absorption damage, I'm going to assume that nothing has changed.
Jasari

Postby polpak » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Yeah, but it'd be nice to have someone on the PTR confirm this one way or the other.. ;)
polpak

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:23 pm

If the mmo-champ youtube movie is any 'proof' then they had bosac up for the full 10 second duration when the whole raid was taking 20% of their damage every second. If it was just "that amount of damage" then the ret only had a max of 30k health -> 45k absorbed.

average health 20k and 25 raiders, 20% of their max health would mean 25k*0.4=10k damage every second. It surely lasted for more than 5 seconds so it's not been nerfed. I'd recheck the youtube movie now for a full duration of it but don't have time.
Seloei

Postby Nadir » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:34 am

If that's the mmo-champion video I'm thinking of, then I'm the one on vent telling the Rets to use bubble sac. :lol:

No, it was not nerfed at all. I absorbed 202,927 damage from a single use during that Anub'arak video. It lasted the full 10 seconds.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cAqb3 ... ell/64205/
Nadir

Return to Basic Training & Talents