Remove Advertisements

Glyph Choice Advice

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Glyph Choice Advice

Postby Oldpappa » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:21 am

Hey, I got the hammer of Sora last night from Hard Mode XT - so I'm sitting at 21 Expertise with my gear

So, I'm considering swapping out my Veng Glyph. So what do you think (my other glyphs are Plea and Hammer of Right)

1. Judgement
2. Exorcism
3. Righteous Defense
4. Consecration
5. Salvation (which I just don't like the idea of casting it on myself)

Or, just stick with Veng - so I would be 31 Expertise - I know soft cap for dodge is 26

I'm leaning towards Righteous Defense or Judgement, Maybe Consecration...
Oldpappa

Re: Glyph Choice Advice

Postby PapaNasty » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:51 am

personally I would swap your hammer of the righteous for salv, but yeah that's personal preference since it does have a bit of a negative to it

Assuming however that you don't want Salv, I'd say just stick with SoV glyph, as even with only gaining +5 expertise vs dodges you're still gaining +10 vs parry, so it's essentially 75% as effective as what it would have been otherwise. And even at 75% it still smashes the other available glyphs.
PapaNasty of Barthilas (US)
PapaNasty

Postby Conaan! » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:39 pm

if you have bothered reading much into the advanced training forum, you will learn quick that consecration breaks 969 rotation, and is therefore, useless, what you WANT to do is
DP glyph
judgement glyph
SoV glyph

the only change is to put in AS instead of say, SoV if you are already soft capped expertise
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Dasphunk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Even though u would hate to use Salvation on yourself, it's still really good. I use it all the time and my threat is still good, using it all the time now. But it's all preference.

I would still stick with SoV glyph even with the soft cap hit.
Dasphunk

Postby Argali » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:04 am

Salvation is a good glyph. You can always taunt, or just shout over vent that you using it, as a queue for all dps to feign, vanish, soul shatter, invis while you lose threat.

Also, with 3.2, the vengeance glyph might be even more awesomer evn if you've hit the soft cap due to SoV change.
Argali

Return to Basic Training & Talents