Remove Advertisements

Moderation in this Forum

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Moderation in this Forum

Postby itankforcash » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:46 am

itankforcash wrote:Thought i'd bash this guys post on how pointless HoJ talents are for pve prot.

You thought wrong. You had some valid points but your official forums style isn't welcome here. PM me if you have any questions. - Modus


There was nothing wrong with my post, not a single swear word, it was a valid bunch of reasons why you shouldn't need improved HoJ, there is a lot worse on here already which doesn't get moderated because it's posted by your e-friends.

I believe you're the one who I questioned about your inability to tank Mimiron, I guess this is your way of getting revenge.

I honestly thought I had some kind of freedom of speech here because it's such a popular forum, but if you get on the wrong side of the "mods" they'll just destroy your posts.

No I won't take it up in PM's, I think the whole forum has a right to see obvious power abuse and that no matter what, a community will never have neutral authority.
itankforcash
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:24 am

Re: Usefulness of Improve HoJ in Ulduar

Postby Rehlachs » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 am

self-adulation != taking part in a community
Last edited by Rehlachs on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rehlachs
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:23 am

Re: Usefulness of Improve HoJ in Ulduar

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:14 am

itankforcash wrote:I honestly thought I had some kind of freedom of speech here because it's such a popular forum, but if you get on the wrong side of the "mods" they'll just destroy your posts.

No I won't take it up in PM's, I think the whole forum has a right to see obvious power abuse and that no matter what, a community will never have neutral authority.


By posting here you agree to the guidelines set out in the main forum. You were out of line and were told why.
I would suggest quitting while ahead.

Lose the attitude :wink: . It isn't needed here.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: Usefulness of Improve HoJ in Ulduar

Postby itankforcash » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 am

Barathorn wrote:You were out of line and were told why.


Actually, this time I wasn't.
itankforcash
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:24 am

Re: Usefulness of Improve HoJ in Ulduar

Postby jere » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:37 am

itankforcash wrote:There was nothing wrong with my post, not a single swear word, it was a valid bunch of reasons why you shouldn't need improved HoJ, there is a lot worse on here already which doesn't get moderated because it's posted by your e-friends.

Just as a note, the presence or absence of swear words isn't the only defining characteristic of what is acceptable in a forum post here. If you feel certain posts should have been moderated, there is a small exclamation point icon for reporting post you can use. Also, if you feel modus is too biased, you can always get another moderator and talk with them. I am sure there are plenty here that disagree with him on a frequent basis enough to be considered unbiased in the situation (shoot, I am not a moderator, but I disagree with him all the time!).

I know it is frustrating when your posts get moderated. I hate it too, but they do it for good reason typically and are still human like you and me (well I assume moderators are human...I could be wrong).
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2949
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Usefulness of Improve HoJ in Ulduar

Postby Barathorn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:50 am

itankforcash wrote:
Barathorn wrote:You were out of line and were told why.


Actually, this time I wasn't.


You thought wrong. You had some valid points but your official forums style isn't welcome here. PM me if you have any questions. - Modus


For the sake of a speedy resolution you may wish to read the guidelines in the main forum again. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as jere rightly points out it could have been for a number of other reasons other than swearing. Either way, refusing to speak to a Moderator via PM about something when a problem occurs and then posting about it in a public forum doesn't further your cause.

You have some good points to make, but you don't need to be so angry about things, we aren't out to get anyone and don't hold grudges. I hate it if I have to moderate anyone's post but that is the job we sometimes have to do.

I'll leave this for Modus and you to sort out via PM. I just wanted to jump in before things got silly.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
User avatar
Barathorn
Moderator
 
Posts: 7100
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Re: Usefulness of Improve HoJ in Ulduar

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:16 am

If you feel like you've been treated wrong, feel free to PM any of the other moderators. Your post was copied into the Moderator forums, so I'm sure any moderator can give you a quick rundown on what you did wrong if you feel like you were treated unfairly.

Please review our Code of Conduct here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9555
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand


Return to Basic Training & Talents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest