Remove Advertisements

Divinity vs Divine Sacrifice/Guardian

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Divinity vs Divine Sacrifice/Guardian

Postby Ritzu » Mon May 18, 2009 9:15 pm

So, I am coming back after a long break and was trying to plan out my new tanking spec-

I was thinking about going with something like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZA0xA0uMusIufdts0hbc, but even after reading tons of posts, I still can't decide whether I should put those 3 points in divinity or divine sacrifice/guardian...

I intend on eventually maintanking 25 mans again, though I do need to gear up more (I stopped after my raid group cleared Naxx 25 back in December...), so I guess I want something that is good for survivability. Since threat was never an issue for me, would it maybe be best if I just dropped crusade in favor of getting both?

Any advice based on other people's experiences will be appreciated :)
Ritzu

Re: Divinity vs Divine Sacrifice/Guardian

Postby Jasari » Tue May 19, 2009 5:56 am

Divine Sac/Divine Guardian is the most OP combination of spells for PvE. Even as a MT you'll get to use it on some really AOE damage intensive fights like Mimiron P2. Also, if you're willing to let someone taunt Freya off you, it's a great combo when you're killing the exploding flowers.
Jasari

Postby majiben » Tue May 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Since SS stacks with itself DG is recommended before divinity.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Ritzu » Tue May 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Alrighty, so I will probably go with Sacrifice/Guardian. However, I am somewhat curious as to what you mean by it "stacking"? I didn't think that multiple paladins could put it on a target and I don't see how the proc could stack... sorry just curious XD
Ritzu

Postby majiben » Wed May 20, 2009 12:13 am

Unlimited shields can be put on a target but a paladin can only buff one person with it but as many paladins as you have can buff the same person. By stacking I mean the internal cooldown (6 seconds base 4 seconds with T8 4p holy set) is unique to each shield. That is to say that If paladin A and B put their shields on the tank then the following can happen:

Tank is hit, SS A shields him
Tank is hit again, SS A absorbed SS B puts a new shield on him

Now means you only 2-3 SS on the tank to cover every melee hit (note not environmental) unless they swing very fast and 2 will usually suffice due to player avoidance.
majiben

Postby Ritzu » Wed May 20, 2009 9:45 am

Wow, that is really awesome to know, thanks oodles! :D
Ritzu

Postby majiben » Wed May 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Yeah everyone was a little surprised when we found it since it seemed to be so unlikely that it stacking was intended.
majiben

Postby Candiru » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 am

Back when paladins could cast as many shields as they liked, it definitely did NOT stack.

When they changed it to be 1 shield / casting paladin they seemed to change it so they would stack with each other, maybe as compensation?

Otherwise accidentally wasting your SS by two holy paladins sticking it on the same target should be pretty common.
Candiru

Postby culhag » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:49 am

Ooooh... so I should put it on myself even when a holy pally is healing me. Good to know.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:09 am

Culhag wrote:Ooooh... so I should put it on myself even when a holy pally is healing me. Good to know.

Yep. And points in that talent that doubles its duration makes it more reasonable to keep up. I use BuffWatcher to remind me.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Corman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:51 am

Holy crap, I'm sold. I am FINALLY getting rid of my pts in Reckoning. Thank you. I really felt like a doof having it for so long but I only die if my healers are dead, so I wasn't getting divinity and the only place I could use Divine Sac is Phase 2 Freya (can't in mim as I just blew it in Phase 1). But if SS can stack... even with my sickly SP relative to a holy, thats freaking awesome with a 1M duration.
Corman

Postby badgermonkey » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Corman wrote:Holy crap, I'm sold. I am FINALLY getting rid of my pts in Reckoning. Thank you. I really felt like a doof having it for so long but I only die if my healers are dead, so I wasn't getting divinity and the only place I could use Divine Sac is Phase 2 Freya (can't in mim as I just blew it in Phase 1). But if SS can stack... even with my sickly SP relative to a holy, thats freaking awesome with a 1M duration.

Also, Reckoning is a terrible talent to spec into in the first place. Just saying...
badgermonkey

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:38 am

And regarding SS, occasionally you can have both SS proccing at same time for double absorption.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby TokenElf » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Corman wrote:Holy crap, I'm sold. I am FINALLY getting rid of my pts in Reckoning. Thank you. I really felt like a doof having it for so long but I only die if my healers are dead, so I wasn't getting divinity and the only place I could use Divine Sac is Phase 2 Freya (can't in mim as I just blew it in Phase 1). But if SS can stack... even with my sickly SP relative to a holy, thats freaking awesome with a 1M duration.

I pop DSX2 combo in deconstructor during the first tantrum. Even when tanking. At that point he's busy and you aren't worried about his aggro table. Just make sure it is off when he stops. 40% less damage to all the melee helps a ton.
TokenElf

Postby theckhd » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:28 am

Corman wrote:(can't in mim as I just blew it in Phase 1).

I may be misremembering, as it's early and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I could've sworn that I used Bubble+Sac in phase 2 of Mimiron even after using DP on the second plasma blast. I think it was late in phase 2, but there's a 20-30 second wait in between phases that helps considerably.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents