Remove Advertisements

viable spec?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

viable spec?

Postby cougbait » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZy0xA0uMhsIufkxf0hbs:pkGmVc

i am my guild's MT also if that matter much which is way i skipped divine guardian

not sure if this has been covered as a spec, i looked for a bit but didnt see it...
if it has can you point me in the right direction or if there is a check my spec thread.
also any useful input would be great
cougbait

Re: viable spec?

Postby Jasari » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Need a point in SA and another point in JotJ

See: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22429
for the 2 favorite MT specs.
Jasari

Postby cougbait » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:57 pm

well i ran naxx25 last night and had zero mana issues as i am able to chain pull with DP up and by the time i need to rest for any mana issues for the dps/healer (their's not mine) the DP cooldown would be up (i pop it right before the pull) so i dont see a reason for a point in SA.

and from what i have read the JoJ wont effect bosses and i dont feel trash really hit hard enough for it to save my ass... the only reason i get it is for the raid buff for people like mages that have ToW that gets more damage vs slowed mobs (and iirc it doesnt matter "how" slowed they are)
cougbait

Postby majiben » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:53 am

You have obviously been reading misinformation. Among this that you have been supplied misinformation on is JotJ effectiveness on bosses. It is effective. It's effects have been effective on bosses since vanilla wow, two expansions before our version was created.

You are fine in naxx with no points in SA because you can chain pull, aoe tank trash. Bosses are zerged down. You won't be able to sustain your rotation on real bosses however or the trash in ulduar.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby cougbait » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 am

you are correct went back and re-read the info.. it said boss's special attacks are not effected by this. (and i still consider myself new to the game so i try to learn as much as i can).

but even with not chain pulling wont there be enough time for hit divine plea, then pull and by the time the mob is dead that the DP cooldown should be up since you are not chain pulling i assume that means time for people to rest for mana/food.

my guild does a "kill skull before ANY aoe" which means i have not needed to keep consecration up all the time... i will try a prot/prot spec to go into Ulduar to see who the mana hangs in there but i will respec to get the 2/2 JoJ.

thank you for your guys input.
cougbait

Postby Dorvan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 am

If you can get away with 0/2 SA then imo go for it....if you find yourself holding back though you'll want to consider picking up a point in it. As has already been covered JotJ is a must.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby cougbait » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:05 am

cougbait

Return to Basic Training & Talents