Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Postby Xorlandu » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Because it's the choice for the 3 filler talent points you have to get further in the tree. 3 in divinity, imp HoJ+something else, DS+DG, or 3 in reckoining. I myself put points in DS+DG because I want DG, most of my holy pallies are stupid and don't use sacred shield or I don't raid with a holy pally at all and that min long shield that absorbs about 2k damage every 5-10 seconds is a big deal. And to further add to liking DG if there is a holy pally using sacred shield it allows them or me to cast it on another person in a fight where a lot of aoe damage is going around.
Xorlandu

Postby æ » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Igrado wrote:you would question the shit out of that decision.

Ironic post considering you failed to understand the basics of the talent.
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Postby amh » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:00 am

æ wrote:

Thank you so much for your contribution.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:16 am

Xorlandu wrote:Because it's the choice for the 3 filler talent points you have to get further in the tree. 3 in divinity, imp HoJ+something else, DS+DG, or 3 in reckoining. I myself put points in DS+DG because I want DG, most of my holy pallies are stupid and don't use sacred shield or I don't raid with a holy pally at all and that min long shield that absorbs about 2k damage every 5-10 seconds is a big deal. And to further add to liking DG if there is a holy pally using sacred shield it allows them or me to cast it on another person in a fight where a lot of aoe damage is going around.

I did not correctly understand the talent. Apologies.

And even then, I'm likely to use http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZy0tAruMusIufdxf00b as my main tanking spec.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Folstar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Spectrum wrote:If they reduced it to 3 points for 6% increased healing on you I'd definitely take it.

Yes, if that were the case the decision between Divinity and DS/DG would be a tough.
Folstar

Postby æ » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:05 pm

amh wrote:
æ wrote:

Thank you so much for your contribution.

You too? <3
10 SIN
20 GOTO HELL
æ

Postby TokenElf » Sat May 02, 2009 10:02 am

Okay, let me point this out.

Our Holy Paladin doesn't care about another 5% healing on me.
Not one bit.
He's running with around 40-50% overheals.
He doesn't run OOM, he doesn't care about how much bigger those heals are.
He cares about throughput in the terms of speed.

He looks at upgrades for haste.

Divinity does nothing to help the biggest worry of healers now.
It's not how much you heal, it is how fast the heals are hitting.
The Heals will be big enough with the proper gear not to worry as long as they hit fast enough to negate the last hit.

Why did they nerf the .5 Second Holy Light? (Yes, he did have these)
Because it meant a tank was never in danger.

DS/DG is better. The added damage from Crusade is better.
Divinity looked nice until you realized what it lacked.

Oh, our Holy Paladin laughed at it and continued to have the 8% crit in Ret.
TokenElf

Postby Frickit » Wed May 06, 2009 12:25 pm

I was under the impression that none of the 3 point options were all that great. That being said I would assume that improving our interrupt is probably the best choice. I personally go with Divine Guardian for 10 mans where Im the only pally in the group, and utility with Sacrifice because Im the third tank in heroic mode. If you don't care about utility because your always tanking, or you have other pallys in your 10 man group I would go with HoJ. I really think Divinity is a bad option unfortunately one of our tanks has 5/5 Divinity. 5/5 Benediction too. It's really hard to convince someone that its a bad talent choice.
Last edited by Frickit on Fri May 15, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frickit

Postby majiben » Wed May 06, 2009 11:22 pm

With SS stacking with others, DG is the clear choice.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby neokai » Thu May 07, 2009 2:33 am

Frickit wrote:I was also under the impression than none of the 3 point options were all that great. That being said I would assume that improving our interrupt is probably the best choice. I personally go with Divine Guardian for 10 mans where Im the only pally in the group, and utility with Sacrifice because Im the third tank in heroic mode. If you don't care about utility because your always tanking, or you have other pallys in your 10 man group I would go with HoJ. I really think Divinity is a bad option unfortunately one of our tanks has 5/5 Divinity. 5/5 Benediction too. It's really hard to convince someone that its a bad talent choice.

I won't go so far to say 5/5 Divinity is bad as to say it's not optimal. 5/5 Benediction is a bad choice tho. Even though I love my DG/DS, I also am very well aware how often I use DS (at most .66 times a fight and only if I am not tanking).
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
My warcraftpets profile here

neokai

Postby Torquemada » Thu May 07, 2009 7:43 am

So far I've only used DG/DS on XT, but it's already worth the point. I can't justify more than 1, as I love mah hammah(o' justice)!
Torquemada

Postby Khayne » Sat May 09, 2009 10:51 am

I'm on same lines as previous few, DS is nice to have (i use it on XT, and sometimes if situation permits, even on other bosses too), and imp. HoJ feel like it'll save much more heals and raid wipes than i think divinity ever would when i can stun all the time some adds in ulduar that hit for as much damage as naxx bosses, or even stun the small guy on iron council, or interrupt any boss spells more often.
Khayne

Postby Lightstrike » Sat May 09, 2009 6:49 pm

I use DS/DG simply because despite this being maintankadin, I am far more useful for progression when I bring utility instead of a little extra healing that doesn't make that much difference.

I see it this way: 5 talent points gives +5% healing on me... but that +5% healing is on the heals themselves, I think people are treating it like it's a huge number because we have a lot of health when it isnt.
A flash heal or flash of light is likely to heal me for about 5k on someone with decent gear... 5% of 5k is 250hp... I'm sorry but I don't see a situation where even on a very big heal, that extra 5% would have saved me, simply because the situation should not occur. There should be no situation where there is so little healing on a tank that they go down to within 1-shot range.

There are however many many occasions in ulduar where popping DSDS can and does save a raid. On XT, you can pop DSDS as the maintank and if you know how to time it properly nothign will go wrong. I generally offtank the encounter as the pummelers hardly do any damage to me. However even with adds on me I can still pop Divine Sacrifice and Divine protection, maybe use an avoidance trinket too.. the fact is that it's 150%, so half of that is 75%.. which means I would go down to 25% of my hp which is about 11k hp raidbuffed.. I can take 3 or 4 hits from pummelers before dying and they run amok.. and that's with no healing whatsoever on me.

But the burden I take off the raid by simply throwing 60k raid damage out of the window if i use DP or half of the raid damage when i use DS is enormous. And you can do the same thing with razorscale on the ground phase and the same thing with ignis and the same thing with kologorn if someone doesn't move out of the eyebeams properly, need I continue?

I know this is maintankadin not "offtankadin", but you have to draw the line where you do what is best for the raid and the guild.
Lightstrike

Postby Candiru » Mon May 11, 2009 6:08 am

Actually Divine Protection doesn't work on re-directed damage.

If you try using Divine Sac + Divine Protection on XT, you die.
Candiru

Postby Conaan! » Tue May 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Candiru wrote:Actually Divine Protection doesn't work on re-directed damage.

If you try using Divine Sac + Divine Protection on XT, you die.

no, ive tanked him and used Dsac, 10 man, one healer can heal through it, while the other 2 raid heal, if your tanking adds, as long as it isnt 25 man, you will still be fine (though, why you are using 2 tanks for XT 10 man would baffle me)
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents