Remove Advertisements

Divine Plea is uanble to keep up without SA and Sanc

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Divine Plea is uanble to keep up without SA and Sanc

Postby inthedrops » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Tonight in Ulduar (before server finally ended our raid for us) I was going OOM tanking 3 and sometimes 4 adds on Razor if I didn't have Sanctuary. I also don't have SA. Those guys kit like trucks and Divine Please as not able to keep my mana high enough.

I ended up asking another pally to give me cheap kings instead of wisdom so I could sanc myself and the problem was gone. I was hoping for more from the new cooldown refreshing of Divine Plea.

What is your experience so far? Perhaps I'm missing a trick or two.

I hate to say it but I think I'm going to put two points into SA.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Re: Divine Plea is uanble to keep up without SA and Sanc

Postby Jazmine » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Why would u not sanct urself?
Jazmine

Postby Levantine » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Why don't you have SA? It's well known that Sanc and DP isn't going to be enough without 1/2 Sanctuary, like, all over the board.
Levantine

Postby Folstar » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 pm

What is "cheap kings"?

Any tankadin running with another pally who doesn't have BoK and BoS is doing it wrong. BoW?!?!?!?!?!?

Without BoS and/or SA I don't see how it would matter how many mobs there were or how hard they were hitting, respectively.

F-
See me after class!
Folstar

Postby Kurgen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 pm

cheap kings is 10 minute kings, cheap = no reagent, that way other pallies aren't stuck with a buff they don't want. ( I assume healer was only other paly, otherwise should be no prob i would think, and he would want wisdom instead)
Image Image
Kurgen

Postby Snickersnee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:10 am

i am guessing the other paladin was holy and he wanted his wisdom but you really new 1 point in SA it is really half of the reason he never run out of mana.
Snickersnee

Postby Aleph » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 am

In H Ulduar tonight 1/2 SA and Sanct was enough to maintain mana. I didn't need DP at all.
Aleph

Postby Guyte » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:47 am

Well I ran VH last night and I will say If in combat I have no problem with mana, unfortunately due to the nature of the instance it was kind of difficult to keep up with DP.

In between pulls it seemed like every other portal I was almost OOM and the cooldown was almost always falling at a bad spot.

By the end I got a good rotation in and I will say I think the new system (DP + Sanc + 1/2 SA) is going to work out just great.

On a side note threat seemed to be really great and I did a whole lot of damage :mrgreen:

cheers
Link to armory
Guyte

Postby Jasari » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:50 am

I didn't get a chance to tank anything last night since the server took so long to be up, but I got in and speced 1/2 SA and 2/3 Crusade with an extra point waiting to be spent after I make a final decision on if I'll have enough mana without a 2nd point in SA. It definitely looks like it'll be no problem at all, but I want to make sure before I make the leap.
Jasari

Postby Corman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:27 am

Being a person who doesn't like risking OOM, I went in with 2/2 SA, Sanc and DP. I can confirm DP stayed up in every trash pull till the end but I really want a timer to warn me if through some miracle it falls off. I had NO issues with mana, even blowing avenger's shield and stuff when the stupid magma ragers or whatever charge someone.
Corman

Postby Isetnefret » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:49 am

I have noticed the DP timer is very generous...

There were times it got down to 0, and I still had time to taunt a mob, wait for it to get to me, and then hammer it, refreshing DP.

You can cast it once, and move from trash pile to trash pile. I didn't have to cast it again until we got to the boss and had an argument over who would get to tank it.
Isetnefret . . - . . Gavoryn

Those of you on the port side of the plane can look out and see the Grand Canyon. Those of you on the starboard can look out and see a cloud shaped like a horsey.
Isetnefret

Postby Jasari » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:22 am

I think I'll probably modify dotimers to display a nice visible bar for my Divine Plea so I can make sure to keep 100% uptime, especially when I'm able to find someone who can make the glyph. It doesn't seem like it'll be hard to do and most boss fights you'll keep it up without even thinking, but pretty yellow bars are fun anyway.
Jasari

Postby Dracora » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:30 am

inthedrops wrote:Tonight in Ulduar (before server finally ended our raid for us) I was going OOM tanking 3 and sometimes 4 adds on Razor if I didn't have Sanctuary. I also don't have SA. Those guys kit like trucks and Divine Please as not able to keep my mana high enough.

I have to Lol at your "I didn't have BoSanc."

Have you tried with BoSanc & 1/2 SA to see if you still have mana problems?
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby inthedrops » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:36 am

Not having Sanc was a mistake from swapping another pally tank out of the raid, which I didn't notice until I was going OOM on the second attempt after the swap. I guess I expected more from DP.

I obviously didn't study the DP threads but somehow I was under the false impression that it would do more for us than it is and didn't pick up SA due to that.

That's how I got in that predicament :) You guys are brutal!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Dracora » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:42 am

inthedrops wrote: I guess I expected more from DP.

I obviously didn't study the DP threads but somehow I was under the impression that it would do more for us than it is.

I'm not a huge math freak like Theck is or other people, but I have come to learn that DP is (when soloing and PvP mainly) an awesome tool to have, but it's not something that does the entire job for us. Just like BoSanc & SA are tools for us.

Now you're making me want to redo my Prot tree with me not taking 2 points in SA to see if BoSanc & DP does it for us or if I can get away with 1/2 SA + BoSanc + DP.
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents