Question about dual spec that just "occured" to me

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Question about dual spec that just "occured" to me

Postby lusisia » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:50 am

Madylyn wrote:Hey Lusi,

No solution to your problem. You'll be overwriting one of your specs and then need to destroy the glyphs.

But I gotta say, I've never liked pvp...having got a bad taste in my mouth from trying to pvp as prot back in tbc. However, PvP as prot is now smexie. The combination of silence and daze on Avenger's Shield is wicked, and then combine that with 20 sec Hammers. :twisted:

I emerged from VoA last week into the middle of a WG battle right on the doorsteps. Not even really thinking, I launched an AS into a group that was standing together casting. I actually LOLed as they all stopped casting together and started *walking* away. :lol: Mana not a problem either with perma plea.

Anyway, you might give it a try. Otherwise, you're going to be in the same situation as pre-3.1 (with the slight benefit that you can replace your glyphs anywhere).

Mady! I was wondering where you were.

I've actually been having a BLAST of a time in my normal EH spec (12 / 53 / 6) as pvp. I still get stunlocked like a little girl (wtb Divine Purpose!) but I've been top or top 3 in every BG I've been in since 3.1 hit. I'm fully expecting some sort of nerf. I run with Seal of Justice the entire time and between that and AS silence, I'm pretty annoying to casters.

At least enough for everyone to focus fire me. Of course it takes em a good minute to get me down, meanwhile the people who can actually do DPS are taking them out. Who though you could tank in pvp? It helps that someone finally discovered the DP glyph on our server too.

As to some of the other comments, yeah I'm a big Talented and ActionBarSaver user which is one reason dual spec was nice but not a requirement for me. Saving the glyphs is the biggest thing I wanted.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:12 am

Jerey-Darkspear wrote:If all you're worried about is losing your main spec glyphs, then switch to your off spec before doing the respec. Then you can switch back to main spec for raid time if you need to.

Ahh I didn't realize it worked like this. That's going to actually help quite a bit.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Eleveneleven » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:13 am

Majiben wrote:It procs off of all melee attacks including judgement and HotR

Sorry but it hasn't for me, unless this has changed since 3.1.
Eleveneleven

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents