Remove Advertisements

PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Postby Riposte » Sun May 10, 2009 5:17 am

Mieko wrote:I've been fiddling with my spec a lot since 3.1 and my most recent one (and so far the best I've found) is this : this

its 0/51/20 with 5/5 conviction and PoJ and 3/3 Crusade. I left out JotJ (thought I'd miss it but I dont, yet) and spent my random 3 low level prot points in Reckoing which I thought would be silly but gave it a shot anyway.

Threat is through the roof compared to other builds I've tried and I'm loving it. Nice to be able to have conviction, PoJ and crusade even if it means a bit of "strangeness" in both trees. I'm not quite through testing it out as much as I'd like to yet but really loving it so far.

So you decided 7 stamina and 7% runspeed was more important than a 20% slowing debuff on bosses? I'd wager you'll never miss it, but your healers might...

Personally I've been running with Tuskarr's, but after having somebody with patience to do the maths (thanks Theck!) I think I will put points in PoJ and add stam to my boots.
Riposte

Postby Jasari » Mon May 11, 2009 7:39 am

So after 6 months of no PoJ I think I'm finally going to pick it up. I'm spec'd 0/53/18 now so I'll just be losing 2% crit. Threat and DPS have been great but I think 15% movespeed will help more on enough fights - Razorscale, Mimiron, Thorim, Vezax to make the slight loss worth it.
Jasari

Postby Khayne » Tue May 12, 2009 3:12 am

leperkhaun wrote:Honestly if there was any encounter where the run speed would help you on a progression kill, id say go for it, but there isnt.

2% more crit is more dps/threat. PoJ currently adds nothing other than neatness. If you have to have the run speed, get the enchant.

If there is an encounter where the whole raid needs speed.... repsec into PoJ, but having PoJ as part of a standard tank build for anything other than, i like to go fast, isnt worth it.

Honestly if there was any encounter where the +2% crit would help you on a progression kill, id say go for it, but there isnt.

PoJ is more speed and stamina. Conviction currently adds nothing other than abit dps&tps. If you have to have the run speed, get the 22 stam enchant.

If there is an encounter where the whole raid needs every single little dps.... repsec into conviction, but having conviction as part of a standard tank build for anything other than, i like to own pug dps, isnt worth it.

Amidoinitrite?

Neither choice really makes or breaks a raid, sometimes you may dodge something bad or move boss just abit faster so steelbreaker don't hit you while he's in rune of power and thus kill the fight. Sometimes boss might die because you contributed 30k more damage in the fight.
Khayne

Postby Melathys » Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 am

after seeing how much running around I have to do in ulduar, I'm going to be picking up PoJ.
Melathys

Postby Snippy » Fri May 22, 2009 12:16 pm

So there seems to be this debate about whats worth what. Well, I would like to explain why I picked up PoJ!

I play a dwarf female. When she runs faster, she looks skinnier. Being short and stocky the slow movement of regular run speed was making her look and feel overweight. So for the mere fact that her self esteem is higher, she has Poj!

K ... I think I'm done with creepy RP now.

Actually, I picked it up while I found myself PUG tanking Naxx ... alot. It seemed to help keep ahead of the pack so that the mobs would be first to hit me. It also helped with faster run backs to Thadd and Four Horseman.

I also found myself questing alot alone and I was already slow to kill stuff... I didn't want to be slow to get there to start killing it.

this talent seems to be SRS BIZ!
Steph - 80 Paladin
<Infernal Regions>
Server: Lothar
www.wowgirlsgonewild.com
Snippy

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents