Dual Spec (Prot/Prot)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Dual Spec (Prot/Prot)

Postby Dem » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:04 am

I'm taking dual prot to see the difference between the defensive/threat standard(ish) specs. The flexibility to switch depending on the encounter will be interesting. Once I'm comfortable that a single spec is acceptable and chosen gear set-ups for each encounter, I might go holy or ret instead.
Dem

Re: Dual Spec (Prot/Prot)

Postby Nalyn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:24 am

Jazmine wrote:I wish there were trispecs

It would be awsome to be able to switch between my Prot spec, my PvE ret spec, and my PvP ret spec, at the push of a button, for free.

A bit more on topic, I can't see the reasoning behind going prot/prot, even if you really like prot and tanking, a second full prot spec, unless you're looking at a PvE prot versus PvP prot, is going to shift around a handful of talent point, or less. The base tanking spec is 0/53/6, that gets ALL the mitigation talents, and nearly all the possible theat talents, I can't see there being THAT many situations, if any, where say...Divinity is THAT much more valuable than a couple points in Crusade, or vise versa.
Nalyn

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents