What do you guys think of this spec

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

What do you guys think of this spec

Postby Vlad » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:36 am

I couldn't find a generic tank spec like there used to be in tbc (where every prot pally had the same/almost the same spec)
So I had to play around a little bit with it this time.
I think I have come up with a good spec but could do with some advice
Is HotC better than bene now? or should I move some talents from that to bene.
And SotP seems a good talent, but I couldn't fit it in.
And on one last point, is Devotion Aura more used then retribution aura now. I have yet to tank since Wotlk came out and was wondering if Imp Devotion Aura was worth it

Any advice on where to put certain talent points would be appreciated

Here's my build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoef
Vlad

Re: What do you guys think of this spec

Postby Smartos » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:53 am

58/13 is a quite popular spec, but I'd change it a bit:

Put 2 points out of benediction into pursuit of justice. You won't really need the effect of benediction, but PoJ is often useful. And the second point in imp. judgements is not necessary for the normal rotation. However, there is no talent you really need that point in, so you can do what you want.

To your other questions: Devotion Aura is the one almost all tankadins use. The effect is quite good whereas retribution aura is very weak. You simply won't need the extra threat and if you need it, you will probably have a ret paladin anyway.
HotC is, in my eyes, better than benediction as you don't need the mana cost reduction and at least I don't have my pocket ret to bring it. And at last, SotP is a good talent, but is mostly used in 5/60/6-specs.
Smartos

Return to Basic Training & Talents