3.1 build 9733

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 3.1 build 9733

Postby caerdydd » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:44 am

I was thinking of http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9733

I tried it this morning on PTR and I had no mana problem on dummies (always having DP on me) which I found a bit too much to be honest. Haven't tried it in a raid so far.
caerdydd

Postby Valerius » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:48 am

The mitigation increase with 2/2 assumes you are using the LoO I assume? Or are we talking about tab-targeting and getting the JotJ attack speed debuff on multiple mobs? I've seen that mitigation increase mentioned before, I'm just not sure where it comes from.
Valerius

Postby Jasari » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:55 am

Valerius wrote:The mitigation increase with 2/2 assumes you are using the LoO I assume? Or are we talking about tab-targeting and getting the JotJ attack speed debuff on multiple mobs? I've seen that mitigation increase mentioned before, I'm just not sure where it comes from.

From LoO and getting JotJ on multiple targets. However in raids you'll usually have a warrior TCing so the attack speed redux won't make a different form JotJ while the added BV will.

It's a minor difference and you and your healers probably wouldn't notice the difference at all.
Jasari

Postby majorwoo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:55 am

Well, assuming your breaking the 969 then both (because obviously if you don't, you gain nothing from 2/2 imp judge). You will have more LoO uptime, and you can debuff more mobs with your judge, I am not sure however if the attack speed penalty stays on the original mob when you judge a second as we never did get a debuff to show like I hoped for :(
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:56 am

caerdydd wrote:I was thinking of http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9733

I tried it this morning on PTR and I had no mana problem on dummies (always having DP on me) which I found a bit too much to be honest. Haven't tried it in a raid so far.

If you were using all the skills you would use to tank, DP will not sustain you. In my testing, I got my first OOM message after 36 seconds of a 969 rotation.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Valerius » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:58 am

Jasari wrote:
Valerius wrote:The mitigation increase with 2/2 assumes you are using the LoO I assume? Or are we talking about tab-targeting and getting the JotJ attack speed debuff on multiple mobs? I've seen that mitigation increase mentioned before, I'm just not sure where it comes from.

From LoO and getting JotJ on multiple targets. However in raids you'll usually have a warrior TCing so the attack speed redux won't make a different form JotJ while the added BV will.

It's a minor difference and you and your healers probably wouldn't notice the difference at all.

Ok thanks, I always kinda wondered about that.
Valerius

Postby majiben » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:59 am

2/2 assumes AoE tanking or fights were survival is king abd threat is non issue (progression patchwerk). In the AoE situation, you wil have free GCDS. You will at the least drop ShoR except for pick up and use HS, judgement and Consecrate every 8 seconds rather than 9.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Torquemada » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:09 am

I tend to like to try to work in ShoR as much as possible on AOE tanking, tab-target switching or watching the health bars and switching to whichever is highest. It's not necessary, but I don't like letting any of the other tanks peel trash from me EVER, and I'm not about to start letting them now.
Torquemada

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:09 am

JotJ should proc off HoR hits.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Torquemada » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:26 am

But then it wouldn't be a Judgement of the Just. It'd be Hammer of the Just, and Paladin spell/skill/talent names are already borked up enough without naming things that close to each other.
Torquemada

Postby Selinaria » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Personally I will probably take Divine Sacrifice/Divine Guardian mostly for the Sacred Shield buff to effectiveness and duration. With Sacred shield being limited to 1 target in 3.1, best use of it in multi tank scenarios ( where all tanks are not paladins) is to have holy (and ret if they can) supply shields to non-paladins while the prot pally keeps one on him/herself. The increased duration and effectiveness through Divine Guardian evens out the lower spell power for prot as well as saving a GCD every minute.

And regarding 2/2 Judgement, it does help for AOE tanking (albeit less with new Libram of Sacred Shield being better for flat BV increases, Libram of LoO will be better or at least closer when tanking enough mobs to take out all charges of holy shield) since main abilities can just be used in order every rotation aka holy shield, consecrate and judgement all being 8 second CDs.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby FlukemDukem » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 pm

#showtooltip Sacred Shield(Rank 1)
/cast [target=friendly, exists] [help] [target=player] Sacred Shield(Rank 1)

i try to keep SS up as much as possible, i weave it in where i would throw a AS, exor, or HW. I dont have any issues with threat so its nice to stack with HS and what not
The All-arouladin
FlukemDukem

Postby rocket » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 pm

the 30sec self casted Sacred Shield was kinda annoying on how it had to be worked in relative to the way it messes up 969 - reminded me of the old 2 min seal recast during a boss fight. The talented 1 min duration, along with the 600 damage reduction per 6 secs is just another small improvement to our overall DR. just thinking my last patchwerk, which i MT'd a 20man for 4min 20 sec, and i opened the fight with SS up...but that is about it. one would take ~26k less damage over the course of my particular fight length, where my total Dmg taken was 1.1M. so assuming i would keep SS up as a normal course of business, then it equates to approximately 2.5% additional DR for a physical fight like that (spell damage fight would obviously be different). 3 talent points for an additional 2.5% DR? i think the skill per talent point is a little high if you consider it against some of the other things we have (e.g. RF, SotT, GbtL) for DR, but it seems like a good fundamental thing for us to get (aka maximizing survivability).

-Rocket
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Gamingdevil » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:32 am

It's not 2.5%, if you have a holy paladin healing you, then he would also put it up. Yes he would have to refresh it more often, but his should also be more powerfull because of the spellpower.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Mavrix » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:24 am

FlukemDukem wrote:#showtooltip Sacred Shield(Rank 1)
/cast [target=friendly, exists] [help] [target=player] Sacred Shield(Rank 1)

i try to keep SS up as much as possible, i weave it in where i would throw a AS, exor, or HW. I dont have any issues with threat so its nice to stack with HS and what not

Unless you throw in a line that gives it to target of target (in other words, you're targetting the boss while another tank is tanking it), this macro doesn't seem to add any utility if you have auto-selfcast turned on. I just can't think of a scenario where you'd have auto-selfcast off, tbh.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents