3.1 build 9733

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: 3.1 build 9733

Postby vyskol » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:42 pm

I'm leaning towards this 5/60/6 build.

Maximum mitigation, some utility with Improved HoJ and some extra threat with SotP. I'd love to go for Crusade, but really feel I need to maximize my mitigation. At least to start with.
Last edited by vyskol on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vyskol

Postby Dorvan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:08 pm

vyskol wrote:I'm leaning towards this 5/60/6 build.

Maximum mitigation, some utility with Improved HoJ and some extra threat with SotP. I'd love to go for Crusade, but really feel I need to maximize my mitigation. At least to start with.

Your link doesn't match your build description. Incidentally however, the build you linked is one of the best mitigation build options.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby vyskol » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Dorvan wrote:Your link doesn't match your build description. Incidentally however, the build you linked is one of the best mitigation build options.

Oops. fixed.
vyskol

Postby Rhî » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:19 am

It would be cool, if they change the early Holy tiers to give protection some more reasons not to spec deeper in retribution than the 'mandatory' 5 points for deflection (6, if you use judgement on cooldown in a 9 seconds rotation).

Then we would have the choice between a threat build (retribution+protection) versus a more defensive build (holy+protection).

Tier 1 Holy isn't bad with the option to spec 5/5 Seals of the Pure. Tier 3 looks attractive with Aura Mastery and Impr. LoH. But Tier 2 is plain horrible.

They should add some secondary effect to Divine Intellect (for example, "In Addition, your chance to hit with spells is increased by 1/2/3/4/5%" or "In Addition, your chance to resist spells is increased by 0,5/1/1,5/2/2,5%") and remove the restriction at Healing Light, making it a flat +12% increase for every healing sources (e.g. Seal of Light and Judgement of Light).

Then I would go for somethign like this: http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=sVVzMZE0xA0uMGoIufdx
Rhî

Postby Snickersnee » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:55 am

Rhî wrote:It would be cool, if they change the early Holy tiers to give protection some more reasons not to spec deeper in retribution than the 'mandatory' 5 points for deflection (6, if you use judgement on cooldown in a 9 seconds rotation).

Then we would have the choice between a threat build (retribution+protection) versus a more defensive build (holy+protection).

Tier 1 Holy isn't bad with the option to spec 5/5 Seals of the Pure. Tier 3 looks attractive with Aura Mastery and Impr. LoH. But Tier 2 is plain horrible.

They should add some secondary effect to Divine Intellect (for example, "In Addition, your chance to hit with spells is increased by 1/2/3/4/5%" or "In Addition, your chance to resist spells is increased by 0,5/1/1,5/2/2,5%") and remove the restriction at Healing Light, making it a flat +12% increase for every healing sources (e.g. Seal of Light and Judgement of Light).

Then I would go for somethign like this: http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=sVVzMZE0xA0uMGoIufdx

I don't see why you would go that deep into holy there is no reason to have all that extra mana and Aura mastery is a good skill but not good enough to go that deep. i am going with
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9767
so i still am getting a few crits off and i can still run fast so i can get a mob if it falls off me
Snickersnee

Postby majiben » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:31 am

Aura master is not good.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Snickersnee wrote:
Rhî wrote:It would be cool, if they change the early Holy tiers to give protection some more reasons not to spec deeper in retribution than the 'mandatory' 5 points for deflection (6, if you use judgement on cooldown in a 9 seconds rotation).

I don't see why you would go that deep into holy there is no reason to have all that extra mana and Aura mastery is a good skill but not good enough to go that deep. i am going with
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9767
so i still am getting a few crits off and i can still run fast so i can get a mob if it falls off me
For Improved LoH.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents