3.1 Aura Mastery 11/54/6

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby NYRIN1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:19 am

Majiben wrote:Still incrediably weak. Really if they make fights where it's needed they've failed to make the encounter one where we just don't throw a DK on it. You're paying 6 talent points for a weak CD 11-16% reduction in damage. Reallly if we need this then it's truely an encounter where you use anyone but a paladin for it.

but i wan2 tank EVRTING!!!

srsly though i dont think this is meant to be a prot talent. IMO holy>ret>prot for this... there are stronger talents to stick our points into.
NYRIN1

Postby Candiru » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:38 am

If you are getting aura mastery, why aren't you getting imp.lay on hands?
+50% armour for 15s is nice!
Candiru

Re: 3.1 Aura Mastery 11/54/6

Postby Conaan! » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:18 am

Doddin wrote:* Aura Mastery: Now makes anyone affected by Concentration Aura to be immune to Interrupt and Silence mechanics and increases the effectiveness of all other auras by 100%. Lasts 10 sec. 2 min cooldown.

So with the new aura mastery what do you guys think of a 11/54/6 build

something like this:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9658

Currently there are only 2 paladins in my guild who raid regularly, me and a holy pally. The holy pally is stubborn and spec'd for imp devo and always runs with it so I usually run with an alternate aura depending on the fight.

would it be worth it to have another handy cooldown?

2 things, 10 seconds for a small amount of armor is minimal, you might get hit maybe 4 times max during the duration

and, your pally shouldnt be specced imp devo, hes giving up 8% crit and mana reduction on holy shock, while you give up nothing
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:21 am

Majiben wrote:I am not sure if it is worth it.
No
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:I still say this is for the use on gimick fights (breath on sartha for instance or for frost hit phase on hodir) and one resistance aura. Not for the use of the extra +600 armor, because everyone knows how weak that is :)
Still incrediably weak. Really if they make fights where it's needed they've failed to make the encounter one where we just don't throw a DK on it. You're paying 6 talent points for a weak CD 11-16% reduction in damage. Reallly if we need this then it's truely an encounter where you use anyone but a paladin for it.[/quote]

Well, also a DK MT would be pushed with this extra resistance. Think of Sartharion +3. How long is the high-damge phase with add 2 + 3 active? 20 Sec? 30 Sec? So if 3 paladins (holy, ret, prot) spec in this you could make a nice little rotation of 30 Sec of extra 10-16% Fire Resistance.

Is that important? Depends. I don't know how hard the hard mode will be. Maybe you need little tricks like this?

I agree, this is more of a holy spec thing. Only way wold be to spec improved LoH and then the one extra point.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby majiben » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:26 am

Fix your quotes >.<

Also there's a problem when you're stacking paladins and only paladins for a CD. The final word on this talent is for PvE it's a gimmick mechanic and is not a tanking talent.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents