Remove Advertisements

5/5 Divinity

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby majiben » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:57 pm

The healing game is bleak in the eyes of many, especially the healing of holy paldins. The rest of the healers have rotations, CDs or procs to work with. Then again this was what resto shamans dealt with in TBC and chain heal.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Rasmfrackn » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Majiben wrote:The healing game is bleak in the eyes of many, especially the healing of holy paldins. The rest of the healers have rotations, CDs or procs to work with. Then again this was what resto shamans dealt with in TBC and chain heal.

Nod, but I'm not even speaking in terms of just pushing 1 button getting boring. I don't like that the tank can go from full to dead in under 3 seconds... I can't imagine how that would work with a druid or someone who isn't a source of big fast bombs. Do HoTs get trivialized when theorycrafting boss hits just like divinity does? It seems like they should, since basically your holy paladin(s) and disc priest(s) are cranking out 10k+ heals as fast as they can.

I really do hope they make healing more thoughtful and reactive/nuanced instead of the spamfest... I almost wonder if it would require a tanking overhaul too. My only MMO reference pre-wow is city of heroes, and the tanks there were almost all avoidance-based except for one which was reduction-based, which I already could tell was a much more sound concept. I'd love to see only about 20-30% avoidance in a raid, but with better mitigation and longer TTLs, but I can see how that would have its own pitfalls of being "too easy" and making every hard fight an endurance test for the healers' mana pools...

-- I definitely miss the days of healing at 60, where there was actually some thought to efficient healing and how to minimize overheal, instead of just finding ways to minimize mana costs on heals that you have to spam to keep the tank up, overheal be damned.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Thaumatrope » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Rasmfrackn wrote:
Majiben wrote:The healing game is bleak in the eyes of many, especially the healing of holy paldins. The rest of the healers have rotations, CDs or procs to work with. Then again this was what resto shamans dealt with in TBC and chain heal.

Nod, but I'm not even speaking in terms of just pushing 1 button getting boring. I don't like that the tank can go from full to dead in under 3 seconds... I can't imagine how that would work with a druid or someone who isn't a source of big fast bombs. Do HoTs get trivialized when theorycrafting boss hits just like divinity does? It seems like they should, since basically your holy paladin(s) and disc priest(s) are cranking out 10k+ heals as fast as they can.

I really do hope they make healing more thoughtful and reactive/nuanced instead of the spamfest... I almost wonder if it would require a tanking overhaul too. My only MMO reference pre-wow is city of heroes, and the tanks there were almost all avoidance-based except for one which was reduction-based, which I already could tell was a much more sound concept. I'd love to see only about 20-30% avoidance in a raid, but with better mitigation and longer TTLs, but I can see how that would have its own pitfalls of being "too easy" and making every hard fight an endurance test for the healers' mana pools...

-- I definitely miss the days of healing at 60, where there was actually some thought to efficient healing and how to minimize overheal, instead of just finding ways to minimize mana costs on heals that you have to spam to keep the tank up, overheal be damned.

I couldn't agree more. When healing, I hate it when the tank's health resembles a game of ping-pong, blazing back and forth between nearly-dead to 100% and back to nearly dead again in the space of seconds. It's a major turn off from healing, imo.
Thaumatrope

Postby Ilara » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm

seeing they keep this mantra about "well if hes now getting bigger heals/health/avoid/what have you, we need the enemy to hit for more"

I'm not looking forward to the reverse side that this talent could produce.

Additionally; I'm only taking 3/5, and thats ONLY out of necessity, theres nowhere else useful to put the three points I need to progress down the tree...
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Awyndel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:19 am

Imo they should bring back real spike damage, not some easy mode malygos. Damage that requires 2 healers flash healing you constantly, and all hots and procs possible from all classes. Now that was tanking :P .

But on the subject. What about divinity and hots n procs. Wouldn't this smooth things out ( even ) more in between the big heals.
Awyndel

Postby Jasari » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:56 am

Awyndel wrote:Imo they should bring back real spike damage, not some easy mode malygos. Damage that requires 2 healers flash healing you constantly, and all hots and procs possible from all classes. Now that was tanking :P .

But on the subject. What about divinity and hots n procs. Wouldn't this smooth things out ( even ) more in between the big heals.

I believe the encounter you're looking for is called Sartharion 3D
Jasari

Postby majiben » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:58 am

Can also be known as progression OT on patchwerk.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Thaumatrope » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:58 pm

I actually enjoy healing Sarth 3D on my disc priest more than most other encounters, because it's heavily tactical. Other 'hard' encounters to heal (such as undergeared tanks at Patchwerk) just require mindless spamming and it's not very fun to heal at all. :(
Thaumatrope

Re:

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Wolvar wrote:it's 5% ON you and 5% BY you. So a holy pally, who would be kinda silly not to take it, gets double benefit on a pally tank.

Well he gets 5% on everyone he heals, so it's still only a 5% increase in healing on us. You only get 10% when you have the talent and you heal yourself, which isn't particularly effective while tanking.

Just to clarify (for myself), wouldn't you also get 10% if you take that talent, and are healed by a holy paladin who has invested in it too?
Anubisknight

Re:

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:55 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Wolvar wrote:it's 5% ON you and 5% BY you. So a holy pally, who would be kinda silly not to take it, gets double benefit on a pally tank.

Well he gets 5% on everyone he heals, so it's still only a 5% increase in healing on us. You only get 10% when you have the talent and you heal yourself, which isn't particularly effective while tanking.

Just to clarify (for myself), wouldn't you also get 10% if you take that talent, and are healed by a holy paladin who has invested in it too?
Anubisknight

Re:

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:55 pm

Fridmarr wrote:

Anubisknight

Re: 5/5 Divinity

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:56 pm

Fridmarr wrote:

Anubisknight

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:02 pm

Fridmarr wrote:

Anubisknight

Postby Conaan! » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Anubisknight wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

its still only 5%, its like counting a resto shamans +healing talent into it, it doesnt make sense when talking about OUR talents

P.S. C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Conaan! wrote:its still only 5%, its like counting a resto shamans +healing talent into it, it doesnt make sense when talking about OUR talents

P.S. C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

I don't get it. If a holy paladin who has points in the talent heals a prot paladin who has points in the same, why would we not get 10% healing? If a holydin's divinity-untalented heal was 1000 on an divinity-untalented tank, and 1050 on a divinity-talented tank then after speccing into divinity, that should give a 1100 heal on the tankadin. It simply doesnt make sense if it didn't work this way.

Edit: nvm, You didnt answer my question, just went off on a tangent. I was asking about a specific case of a holy paladin with points in divinity healing a prot paladin with points in divinity.
Anubisknight

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents