Crusade vs Sanctified seals

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Crusade vs Sanctified seals

Postby Melathys » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:23 am

http://www.war-tools.com/t61523.html?b= ... 5023005e3o

Combined with other crit talents, sanctified seals would put us at 17% crit by talents alone.

Though, I'm leading towards crusade anyway, an extra 6% vs most of the stuff we fight anyway (3% vs everything) seems hard to beat.
Melathys

Postby majiben » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:31 am

3% more damage will always beat 3% more crit unless all your attacks had all attacks crit capable. A crit multiplier greater than 2 and almost no crit already. Suffice to crusade is better for your threat/dps.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Melathys » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:18 pm

yea, not sure why i asked really...and too late to delete. /shrug.
Melathys

Postby Dorvan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Majiben wrote:3% more damage will always beat 3% more crit unless all your attacks had all attacks crit capable. A crit multiplier greater than 2 and almost no crit already. Suffice to crusade is better for your threat/dps.

Actually, even if all your attacks were crit capable, 3% crit would match 3% damage only if you had 0% crit.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Not if you had a crit multiplier greater than 2. Many classes have talents that make their crits do more than twice the damage of a normal attack. Also everyone has access to crit/agility meta which changes most of our crit multipliers to 2.06 rather than 2.0. Of course a lot of our attacks work on the spell crit multiplier which is 1.5
majiben

Postby Dorvan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Majiben wrote:Not if you had a crit multiplier greater than 2. Many classes have talents that make their crits do more than twice the damage of a normal attack. Also everyone has access to crit/agility meta which changes most of our crit multipliers to 2.06 rather than 2.0. Of course a lot of our attacks work on the spell crit multiplier which is 1.5

I thought we were talking about Paladins :P At any rate, just nitpicking your original statement a bit, as simply 100% crittable things isn't a sufficient condition for 1% crit to catch 1% damage.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Hey my original statement said a multiplier greater than 2 :-P

Bwhaha carefully constructed statements make me warm inside.
majiben

Postby Dorvan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Majiben wrote:Hey my original statement said a multiplier greater than 2 :-P

Bwhaha carefully constructed statements make me warm inside.

You original statement has a period instead of a comma, followed by a sentence fragment...thereby separating those last two conditions form the original clause :P I'm bored.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:41 pm

Noooo. I saw that but didn't want to correct lest I be accused of changing the content of my post in an attempt to shroud an error in my post's substance.
majiben

Postby Mordinm » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:39 am

Majiben wrote:3% more damage will always beat 3% more crit unless all your attacks had all attacks crit capable. A crit multiplier greater than 2 and almost no crit already. Suffice to crusade is better for your threat/dps.

This argument ignores proc on crit or on crit talents. For the spec in questions 3% more damage is undoubtedly the better talent provided you are not wading into ulduar with a bunch of giant bosses (I don't really know how bosses are classed in ulduar.) But a PvP ret build might improve their damage with crit over flat damage to stack vengence faster on resilienced targets that spam CC at you. Flurry and Unleased Rage type talents are another thing that could push the balance in favor of crit for other classes.
Mordinm

Postby Dorvan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:23 am

Mordinm wrote:This argument ignores proc on crit or on crit talents. For the spec in questions 3% more damage is undoubtedly the better talent provided you are not wading into ulduar with a bunch of giant bosses (I don't really know how bosses are classed in ulduar.) But a PvP ret build might improve their damage with crit over flat damage to stack vengence faster on resilienced targets that spam CC at you. Flurry and Unleased Rage type talents are another thing that could push the balance in favor of crit for other classes.

3% damage will still almost certainly provide more sustained DPS, it's just that generally you don't care much about sustained DPS in PvP.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents