rate my 12/42/7

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

rate my 12/42/7

Postby Dierle » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:10 pm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

my spec, explained:

holy:
divine strength: I took this instead of divine int because I'll be getting the far lion share of my mana simply from spiritual attunement in battle anyway, so I might as well add a little extra threat from physical damage just so I'm not TOTALLY useless at holding aggro if I get silenced and either we don't have a magic dispeller or the priest takes a second to act.

spiritual focus: this is to allow me to remain at least a small bit self healing and thus not totally shackled to a priest and can stave off the certainty of a wipe in a 5-man if the healer bites it somehow mid battle.

improved lay hands: this is a paladin's most valuable emergency button and the only one that does not cause us to lose aggro. it simply must be at its best.

protection: most of this seemed reasonably obvious to me, so I'm not gonna detail each talent, but if any of you see a glaring error in where I spent my prot points, feel free to comment

retribution:

Benediction: spamming seals and judgements is where I'm gonna be spending probably the lion share of my mana in battle, so given I'm not taking divine intellect, I figured I'd take this to reduce the cost of my seals and judgements to make up for it

improved judgement: more judgements = more threat and more versatility.
Dierle

Return to Basic Training & Talents