Dual specs: Whatcha all doin?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby sherck » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:01 am

1st Spec = PvE Holy

2nd Spec = PvE Shockadin (31/0/40)

The only thing I will be using my 2nd spec for is grinding dailies faster, farming and being able to run friend's lower level alts through stuff.

My guild NEVER has enough healers who are good at healing and enjoy it so my raid spot is forever secure as a healer.

I thought about Ret but just cannot make myself want to go there. I have seen WAY too many bad ones of those to make me want to suffer through that. I don't care that their DPS is good, I am just killing PvE mobs for goodness sake.

And I just don't have the mindset to be a good tank.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Valoel » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:11 pm

how are lich king shockadins compared to ret dps in pvp content. i was under the impression that after ret was buffed that shockadins became extinct.♦
Valoel

Postby Karador » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:25 am

Prot / Ret here..... Holy can Rot in hell.

I think i will only be changing to Farm / BG anyway because i only play to raid anymore anyway.

Maybe the off chance of only 1 tank being needed for XXX Fight in Uldar if i am not Tanking it.
Karador

Postby Origon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:27 am

DK: unholy tank / PVE <spec> dps (undecided due to lack of #s so far)
Priest: PVE Disc / PVE Shadow
Pally: PVE Ret / PVE Prot
Origon

Postby Samud » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:20 am

Prot/Ret.
I miss being able to kill allies in BGs (now I just annoy them with my survability).
Samud

Postby Kelarik » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:35 am

Prot / PVP Holy.
I've not healed anything so might as well get practise in PVP, at least that way if I find out I like it or whatever, I can make the switch to... uhm... something else ^_^
And to think I was sure before making this post, now I'm just confused again :(
Kelarik

Location: In front of the boss eating a chocolate cornet. Now, which side's the head?

Postby combatwombat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:19 am

Prot heavy tanking build and a nice pvp/threat prot build as 2nd most likely.
combatwombat

Postby Kracus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 am

I was originally going to do prot/ret, both pve so when I'm not needed to tank I can switch out, but now I'm considering prot/prot pvp - just have to get my hands on a talent calculator that is reflective of the current build on ptr. Though I have 3 more hours before I can pop on there.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Necrolite » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 am

retribution.

HELL YEAH

All joking aside, i've a full set of holy gear but historically have never really enjoyed healing as much as i have dps/tank.
Necrolite

Postby Anarki87 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:51 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Holyhomer wrote:Oh don't get me wrong or anything

So many people on the board are envious of your position, in that they want to tank but are shoehorned into healing, was my meaning. It's like you're waving bacon in front of them and then throwing it away instead of eating it yourself.

Mmm. Bacon.

Yup... I will be going holy/prot. I wanted to go Prot and Ret for PVP, but since the only raiding guild that would take me is if I was holy, I dont care to keep paying the 1k gold this past week I paid to respec back and forth for friends to be a tank and then holy for the raids...

I miss prot already 1-80 and this past week healing the same tank I used to be has crushed me so much I have taken up drinking... (Note: not really. I already drink enough as it is :P )
Anarki87

Postby Sederia » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:46 am

most likely
prot and pvp, havn't decided yet ret or holy... prob more depends on what offspec gear I can plug gaps with better
Sederia

Postby Aurelie » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

I was originally thinking Prot/Prot before I got to look at the talent calcs, but now I'm not so sure. Provided nothing changes (however unlikely that may be) between now and the release of 3.1 I feel like I have more than enough points to pump out threat and be sturdy spec wise. I'll probably end up with holy as my second spec if that's the case.
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Postby bockhorn » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:58 am

sherck wrote:1st Spec = PvE Holy

2nd Spec = PvE Shockadin (31/0/40)

The only thing I will be using my 2nd spec for is grinding dailies faster, farming and being able to run friend's lower level alts through stuff.

My guild NEVER has enough healers who are good at healing and enjoy it so my raid spot is forever secure as a healer.

I thought about Ret but just cannot make myself want to go there. I have seen WAY too many bad ones of those to make me want to suffer through that. I don't care that their DPS is good, I am just killing PvE mobs for goodness sake.

And I just don't have the mindset to be a good tank.

Cheers,

what gear does a shockadin paladin use?
bockhorn

Postby Maswin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:22 am

I've already bought ret hateful cloak and boots, so I guess that will be my 2nd spec!

I'd like to maybe have it holy, but I dont think I'd enjoy healing randoms in BGs...running around zerging people is fun tho.
Maswin

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:55 am

Prot and Ret for me, I have a decent ret set including the greatness deck and did a few raids as ret because we don't have a ret paly yet.

Only fight I actually toss on healing gear is Saph, and all I do in that fight is keep sacred shield on as many people as possible with a couple of heals tossed out during ice block. Our healers are very good and if I had to go prot and holy for dual spec it would mean that we need to recruit another healer anyways.

Ret gives decent benefit to the raid that helps the fight go faster, in most cases I see myself being prot for trash and then our warrior will MT bosses and depending on how good the OT needs to be a DK or feral druid can do that while doing decent dps.
DeadlyRabbit

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents