Crusade spec in 3.1!

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Crusade spec in 3.1!

Postby Tycho » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:48 am

So I was thinking, with 3.1 what prot builds might look like.

I came up with this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Imo, 3/3 Crusade + 2/5 SotP > 5/5 SotP. Conviction for fun judgements / shield slaps. Thought about Benediction for a second but perma-Plea will take care of us.

Note the 5 missing points at the bottom of prot are to "simulate" the announced slimmed talents (assuming 3/3 1hws/ad, 2/2 ihoj), they'd be taken in the real build. :) Though they do say "and more" skills have had their point costs reduced...which is exciting.

While something will have to replace kings in the tree (either in the same location or in a reshuffled spot), I'm betting it's not going to be a manditory tanking talent. Which is why I think this build will be viable. Thoughts?
US > Thaurissan > Snowblood (80 BE Pally - For the Horde, baby!)
Tycho

Postby Levantine » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:14 am

You do realise that the trees are being changed, don't you? Those are not the talent trees you'll have to work with in 3.1.
Levantine

Postby Jasari » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:52 am

Levantine wrote:You do realise that the trees are being changed, don't you? Those are not the talent trees you'll have to work with in 3.1.

^^^
This.

I'm pretty confident that if kings does in fact go baseline, they'll replace it with a new T1 talent (maybe shield spec) and possible give us some more talent points to spend elsewhere if they're lowering the number of ranks of so many things.
Jasari

Postby Conaan! » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 am

and your skipping shield of the templar and guarded by the light

and PoJ, no, not gonna work
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Lave » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:54 am

no PoJ is just wrong imo.. its about beeing the first on the mob, kiting
adds/bosses and just usefull in every non-patchwerk-style encounter

and its one of those things warriors/druids and some dks dont have..
i'd kill for some niches :>
Lave

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:14 am

Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nalyn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 am

Levantine wrote:You do realise that the trees are being changed, don't you? Those are not the talent trees you'll have to work with in 3.1.

QFT.

The released changes are pretty obviously not the ONLY changes that are going to go through, and you skipped some pretty major talents in the upper tiers of the prot tree, and you went >12 points deep in prot...and skipped PoJ, this is not a talent setup that I would look at switching to, come 3.1. Honestly, just wait til we at least see the test server to see what we actually may, or may not, be dealing with, and work from there.
Nalyn

Postby mazater » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:15 pm

Lave wrote:no PoJ is just wrong imo.. its about beeing the first on the mob, kiting
adds/bosses and just usefull in every non-patchwerk-style encounter

and its one of those things warriors/druids and some dks dont have..
i'd kill for some niches :>

Funny, it haven't changed my life in any way after I dropped PoJ out from my spec.

I remember 0 cases where having PoJ would've prevented me, the whole raid, or just a single person from wiping.

The "You must have PoJ/Good tanks have PoJ" mentality seems totally odd to me, but then again you just should go with whatever floats your boat, I personally see no reason to get PoJ back to my build. Maybe in Ulduar, but who knows.
mazater

Postby Dorvan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Mazater wrote:The "You must have PoJ/Good tanks have PoJ" mentality seems totally odd to me, but then again you just should go with whatever floats your boat, I personally see no reason to get PoJ back to my build. Maybe in Ulduar, but who knows.

I'm not big on PoJ, but going deeper into Ret and not taking PoJ just seems rather silly. I'd take a point from conviction and Imp Judgment to grab PoJ any day if I was going as deep as Crusade.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Also: while I feel PoJ is overrated, if 3.1 makes 0/51/20 a sensible build, I'd take PoJ. It's a good talent. Just too many sacrifices in 3.0 to take it, and a lack of good options past 6 points in Ret.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Kracus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:28 am

Mazater wrote:
Lave wrote:
I remember 0 cases where having PoJ would've prevented me, the whole raid, or just a single person from wiping.

This. I do want the talent, but I'm fine without. I don't even have tuskarr's =. Though I am hoping that the 3.1 patch allows for it to be picked up either freely or without dropping other stuff I want.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Conaan! » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Mazater wrote:The "You must have PoJ/Good tanks have PoJ" mentality seems totally odd to me, but then again you just should go with whatever floats your boat, I personally see no reason to get PoJ back to my build. Maybe in Ulduar, but who knows.

I'm not big on PoJ, but going deeper into Ret and not taking PoJ just seems rather silly. I'd take a point from conviction and Imp Judgment to grab PoJ any day if I was going as deep as Crusade.

exactly what dorvan said, the main point against PoJ (other than i can do without it) is how many points you must use to get to it, might as well grab it if your going past it
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby crabcrouton » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:35 pm

Dorvan wrote:I'm not big on PoJ, but going deeper into Ret and not taking PoJ just seems rather silly. I'd take a point from conviction and Imp Judgment to grab PoJ any day if I was going as deep as Crusade.

Yup I agree.

Though a point of contention: you can't move a point from Imp Judgement to PoJ since that leaves only 9 points at Tier 2. Has to be 2 full points from Conviction.
crabcrouton

Postby Laz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:40 pm

IMO the only reason to go deep into ret in the first place is to get Conviction+Crusade. Pursuit of justice is nice, but it certainly isn't remotely required. The most bang for your buck to do that IMO is 5/5 deflection, 2/2 imp judgement, 5/5 conviction, 3/3 crusade. Of course, this is IMO and ymmv. This spec works great right now if you're in a position to be able to give up JotJ because you have other tanks to provide the bonus.
Laz

Postby Valerius » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:26 am

Laz wrote:IMO the only reason to go deep into ret in the first place is to get Conviction+Crusade. Pursuit of justice is nice, but it certainly isn't remotely required. The most bang for your buck to do that IMO is 5/5 deflection, 2/2 imp judgement, 5/5 conviction, 3/3 crusade. Of course, this is IMO and ymmv. This spec works great right now if you're in a position to be able to give up JotJ because you have other tanks to provide the bonus.

2/2 Imp. Judgments breaks the 969 rotation, but if you aren't worried about that, I'm sure that spec will work just fine. Not taking JotJ, well I've already gone there multiple times in multiple threads, so I'll just agree to disagree.
Valerius

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents