Remove Advertisements

3.1 talent build (speculation)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

3.1 talent build (speculation)

Postby Melathys » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:33 pm

any calculators up yet?

or is that impossible. With not having to buy kings, and a couple 5 pointers getting reduced, I'm curious what I'll do with the extra talent points.
Last edited by Melathys on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melathys

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:40 pm

Noone knows how talents will be in 3.1

When 3.1 PTR will be up you can expect talent calculators up on mmochampions or wowhead in a few hours.

For now we don't know how our tree (and many others) will look like in a month.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Melathys » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:45 pm

I figured as much.

Wonder if we'll get an 11 point talent, lol.
Melathys

Postby greatcow95 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:38 am

Melathys wrote:I figured as much.

Wonder if we'll get an 11 point talent, lol.

If we do, I'm betting it will be a passive ability.
WoW is not Facebook or Myspace. Protest RealID by putting this everywhere.
greatcow95

Postby Lemondish » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Considering Kings, a tier 1 5 point talent, is going to become baseline, I'm thinkin we'll see a replacement or shift early in the tree. I'm banking more on anew passive talent.

They intend to slim down a lot of our big 5 point talents, most likely down to 3 points each, except Imp HoJ, which may become our 11 pointer. In this scenario, we're forced to get talents we either don't like, or provide no significant PvE capability whatsoever. I don't think this is part of the plan and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some new talents deeper in the tree.

A nice point to make, however, is that we can technically, without any additional talents, make it down to Improved Lay on Hands in Holy. That wouldn't be too bad for a second oh crap button, and Divine Intellect isn't HORRIBLE when you consider its small contribution to Divine Plea.

Here's my predictions...

We know SA is getting nerfed, mostly due to issues in Arena and sort of confirmed when we saw the new Guarded by the Light. With SA the way it is, we don't have mana issues, but with Guarded being this hot new constant mana regen, we can expect an almost complete reworking of SA so it isn't such a huge contributor of our required tanking resources.

I'm predicting that SA will still exist, just in a lower capacity and only providing us EXTRA resources, not resources we NEED in order to tank, just resources we can use in order to tank better. Any of the new talents will bank on that and provide the Paladin a proc or new tool that allows him to use excess resources. As it stands, with DP and JoW being steady regen, and our rotation being steady expense, we might be able to maintain our normal rotation without having to rely on being hit. So a resource dump would be awesome.
Lemondish

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:11 pm

They did say kings was going baseline.

Are they still going to differentiate between kings and imp kings?

Yes, it would be stupid. No, I wouldn't be surprised.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Tronden » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:21 am

fuzzygeek wrote:They did say kings was going baseline.

That would be freakin hilarious. That would explain a whole lot...
Yeah, I bet the 2% kings will be baseline, and the improved kings will be points to be taken again.
*ugh* I swear that they moved it out to 5 points just to make tree filler. So now that they are weed-whacking, what manure are they going to put in to waste our points on now?
Oops, almost started making a rant post...
Back on topic - yeah, its my bet that they will make that 2% kings baseline and not the 10%.
Tronden of Runetotem (US)
Guildmaster <Guardians of Azeroth>
Tronden

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:08 am

Anticipation on tier 1 is my bet. We might still need a new ~3 point talent somewhere around tier 2 or 3.

I really don't think Kings will go baseline at 2%, the point cost was only done to fill space.

We can't really know until we see what else they have planned (what are they doing to Sanctuary is the big question).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby majiben » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Any chance reckoning would go T1 or would they worry about ret burst too much in PvP? Ponders...
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Loras » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:23 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:We can't really know until we see what else they have planned (what are they doing to Sanctuary is the big question).

They said they're looking into ways of giving warriors rage from block/parry/dodge/. I wonder, what happens to druids and DKs aggro generation resource then? And if they make something to warriors in order to provide them with their own sanctuary-like utility, then NO WAY our sanctuary stays the same or stacks with them... That would be even more monstrous and a spit in our face :)
Loras

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:28 am

...I will hunt you down, I swear!
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:30 am

Perhaps Reckoning will stay where it is, but be only one point. That'd be nice.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Elsie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:49 am

moduspwnens wrote:Perhaps Reckoning will stay where it is, but be only one point. That'd be nice.

It'd be worth it at 2 or 3 points probably.

I think Improved Hammer of Justice is our 'new' tier 3 "one point" talent.
Elsie

Postby Torquemada » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:09 am

Assuming that Improved HoJ is still 2 points, and SoR becomes viable with the Glyph, I'm considering this spec, or something like it. Of course, it will only work if they shift around the other talents to put something in Tier 1 rather than creating a new Tier 1 talent sink.

I'm also dabbling with something like this. I have a feeling that 3% crit plus Crusade will work out to more damage and threat than 5 points in SotP, but it would be at the cost of DG.

Granted it's all conjecture at this point.

I think they're either going to drop kings to 5% and leave it baseline, or keep it as is at 10% and assume every raid will have a Pally and balance encounters around it being a buff in the raid. Having 4 points in the first tier to "free it up" to specs who can't otherwise afford to take it is pointless, and I would actually say that Blizzard doesn't seem to be up to that kind of chicanery as of late.
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson
Torquemada

Postby Nalyn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:31 am

At this point I'm pretty sure it's going to be the full, 10%, kings that we all know and love, it would be willfully stupid, among other things, to make it baseline as anything BUT 10%, and while they have done such things in the past, I don't think that is what they are going for currently.

However, as others have mentioned, I'm interested in just how the prot tree, as well as ret, end up getting changed, because I think we can all agree that there are going to be more talent changes beyond just the handful that have been announced.
Nalyn

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents