Rate my build

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Rate my build

Postby Engarro » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:28 am

Hey. I was bored and decided to make my own build with what made sense to me. I was wondering if anyone fancied having a look at it and rating it for me? I imagine there are a few things I have wrong but I'm just getting my head around WotLK stuff after being away for a while.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0eVAbuMteIoGotfb0b
Engarro

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:36 am

Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby amunstorr » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:41 am

i like it...
... but my one question is why PoJ in ret when you can save mana With the 2 points into Gaurded by the light?

I can see arguments on both sides but what made you decide to go that way?
And if its true that our main TPS builder is now AP ??? ,then i can see why.

...but still, elaborate on what made you choose the point placements
amunstorr

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:06 pm

My spec is better all round... Loses two points that aren't doing you any good, gains you Guarded by the Light.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Invisusira » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Couple things to lose:
Stoicism is a PvP talent.
Benediction is pretty useless.
1/2 Imp Judge is required for optimal threat rotation.

With these extra points, you should pick up Guarded by the Light and imp HoJ.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xVAfuMteIRGoxsb0b
Invisusira

Postby HinataDestiny » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:39 pm

I have always liked this build...mainly because i was usually the only pally in 10 mans and didnt know very many rets in the 25 mans i run

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVA0uMpeIRGoxs
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby Dorvan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:47 pm

HinataDestiny wrote:I have always liked this build...mainly because i was usually the only pally in 10 mans and didnt know very many rets in the 25 mans i run

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZaxVA0uMpeIRGoxs

You're be better off taking a point out of Seals of the Pure and putting it into 1H spec, but other than that it's a reasonable build.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Engarro » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:42 am

Ok. After reading the gear/enchants/gems topic, I decided to make PoJ a must for this particular build to help with target aquisition. With that in mind, the build is based around that.

As for the other stuff, I chose what I considered to be the most useful talents. As I said in my original post, I've been away for a while so some things may have changed.

In hindsight, 2 points in Guarded by the Light is a good choice so I took the one from Benediction and also took out Stoicism in place of Guardian's Favour and another in Guarded by the Light.

I was really after a bit of advice as to if there were any I had which were wrong rather than actually discussing the pros and cons of the build.

This is the edited build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xiAbuMteIRGoxfb0b

Hope that clears it up :)
Engarro

Postby vexryn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Engarro wrote:Ok. After reading the gear/enchants/gems topic, I decided to make PoJ a must for this particular build to help with target aquisition. With that in mind, the build is based around that.

As for the other stuff, I chose what I considered to be the most useful talents. As I said in my original post, I've been away for a while so some things may have changed.

In hindsight, 2 points in Guarded by the Light is a good choice so I took the one from Benediction and also took out Stoicism in place of Guardian's Favour and another in Guarded by the Light.

I was really after a bit of advice as to if there were any I had which were wrong rather than actually discussing the pros and cons of the build.

This is the edited build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xiAbuMteIRGoxfb0b

Hope that clears it up :)

You've got the core of the build there pretty well at this point. The only thing that really jumps out as "wrong" is that you don't need 2 points in Imp Judgements. 1/2 is all you need for your 69696 rotation.

Seals of the Pure will help your tps a bit, and should be considered; functionally, at this point you're giving it up to go deep enough in the ret tree for Pursuit of Justice.

I do think you're overrating that talent though, at least if you're taking it for target acquisition. You don't need it for target acquisition. Throwing your Avenger's Shield, plus the Hand of Reckoning taunt AND Righteous Defense, is more than enough to pick up a bunch of targets that aren't immediately in range. And even those are rarely used. Be the tank in front, throw your Avenger's Shield and drop your consecrate with the rest of the raid coming in behind you, and you shouldn't need foot speed at all.
vexryn
Maintankadonor

Postby Torquemada » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Given what you want to do, I would use this.
Torquemada

Return to Basic Training & Talents