All-purpose threat generation using 0/49/12

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

All-purpose threat generation using 0/49/12

Postby qwyn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:50 am

theres a lot of debate about how to spend those last few points throughout our 4 "threat generating" (i dont know what else to call this category) talents: Weapons Experience, Precision, Reckoning, and one-hand specialization. the rule of thumb seems to be reck for AoE, WE for single target, and 1H/precision are good all around if you can work them in. in order to be able to tank all these situations decently, i specced 2/3 precision, 4/5 1H, and 3/5 in reck and WE.

did i just become a jack of all trades, master of none? or a gimp?

also if im wrong about any of my over-simplified interpretations please feel free to rob me of my ignorance
if im holy specced its because i havent had time to clean the blood of my enemies off my arena gear yet
qwyn

Postby PsiVen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Since 1h spec is the only one you can absolutely rely on having in effect, I'd 5/5 that as first priority. Personally I like reckoning and switch pretty arbitrarily between 3/3 Precision 3/5 WE and 3/3 IJotC.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby khash » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:00 pm

so far im a fan of 3/5 WE though one point more or less seems wasted so its either 3/5 or none at all

id agree to max 5/5 one hand spec first, then distribute rest as you see fit with points left

personally id lose kings if you regularly raid with at least 3 pallies and spell warding hasnt been worth the 2 points either from my experience so thats 3 points right there to get 5/5 1hand, 3/3 precision, 5/5 reck, and 3/5 we
khash

Return to Basic Training & Talents