To BoK or not to BoK

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Reesescup » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:31 am

What I was saying orignally was I never use it to tank. ( well some bosses if I need the extra HP). I always have tanked with BoS which in my veiw better than kings in "most" situations.

Kings becoming trainable seems to make all of this a non-issue now, and something that should have been done a while ago as many other classes have abilites that are tainable and used by all spec's. I for one am happy that holy will not have to gimp himself to get Kings. :)

Reesescup

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:01 am

I recommend BoKking yourself, but if you have someone else available to BoK you, then that isn't necessary.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Mordinm » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Reesescup wrote:Kings becoming trainable seems to make all of this a non-issue now, and something that should have been done a while ago as many other classes have abilites that are tainable and used by all spec's. I for one am happy that holy will not have to gimp himself to get Kings. :)

Uldar hasn't even hit the PTR yet unless I missed it. We are at least 2 months out from Kings being baseline. Plenty of room to discuss this issue. Personally I would find it very funny if 2% kings became baseline and the 4 point improved kings stayed as is. It's far to soon to be discussing 3.1 specs meaningfully.
Mordinm

Postby burntpepperoni » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:22 am

I run heroics now, not yet geared for or in a guild that can support raids yet. In heroics I normally spam BoK on everyone except myself (BoS). Lately, though I've noticed that DKs, hunters and rogues have been asking for BoM more. I tell them that I do not have Improved BoM and that I DO have Improved BoK, but they don't seem to care.

Are they mentally unstable or have I lost touch with what those classes need? I thought that the boost to Agility and Strength would be much better than just the boost to AP.

I tell them what I think, but always give them what they ask for -- I just want to know if I should bother arguing anymore. Or if I can just drop BoK and free up those points (of course when 3.1 hits this will be moot, but my question about what is better still stands).

Thanks.
burntpepperoni

Postby sherck » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:10 am

As a Holy, I run with Imp Kings, Imp Wisdom and Imp Might.

Yes, I lose out on 3% Crit in order to carry Kings, but I run a lot of 5/10 man and cannot count on anyone else bringing it.

However, if I do not have someone else to Bless Kings in the party, then everyone gets Kings. Why? Because I am healing and I want for everyone to have the most effective health that I can have them get. My # 1 priority is to keep people alive, not improve their DPS.

I assume that the people I run with know their classes and have improved their most important stats on their character/gear. If so, then a 10% increase to that stat will improve their overall capabilities and will help us finish the instance. If instead, that Hunter is stacking Intellect, well, we are going to fail for more reasons than just that one.

If part way through the run PuGs show that they play their class well, then I am happy to switch them over to Wisdom/Might as requested. However, if they keep pulling aggro or cannot get out of the fricking fire.....Kings stays.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Playdoh » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 am

burntpepperoni wrote:I run heroics now, not yet geared for or in a guild that can support raids yet. In heroics I normally spam BoK on everyone except myself (BoS). Lately, though I've noticed that DKs, hunters and rogues have been asking for BoM more. I tell them that I do not have Improved BoM and that I DO have Improved BoK, but they don't seem to care.

Are they mentally unstable or have I lost touch with what those classes need? I thought that the boost to Agility and Strength would be much better than just the boost to AP.

I tell them what I think, but always give them what they ask for -- I just want to know if I should bother arguing anymore. Or if I can just drop BoK and free up those points (of course when 3.1 hits this will be moot, but my question about what is better still stands).

Thanks.

BoK vs. might has always been subject to gearing.

Early in an expansion (which we are) might will be > kings. While kings gives all stats increases, the amount of AP from might still makes it better than kings until certain levels are met (I think it's when the ap from str/agil with kings = the ap from might).

I don't keep up with the breaking points of which is better when, but that is the general concept.

It wasn't until T6 gear and all the 2.4 badge gear came out that kings > might for physical dps, good dps will know the breaking point.

Heroics are such that I will give physical dps might, and caster dps/healing kings unless asked otherwise.

Fights happen so fast that mp5 usually is not an issue is why i usually give kings over wisdom.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents