Precision vs 3/5 Weap Expertise

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Precision vs 3/5 Weap Expertise

Postby Sielanas » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:48 am

Respecced again last night, went back into 1H spec, basically the "standard" build. I decided to put my 3 points into Weapon Expertise instead of Precision. As Human that puts my weapon skills at 359 for Swords/Maces. I'm looking for experience/opinions on the comparison between the two talents.
Sielanas

Postby adese » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:25 pm

I tried that for a while, but I didn't like it and ended up moving the three points back into Precision from WE. While you end up missing less against mobs, you end up having less +hit - which causes your AS to miss more. That was a deal breaker for me.

If I'm going to try WE again, it will be with 3/3 Precision. I haven't found a build that I like with that yet, so we'll have to see. I'm starting to think that Reckoning isn't worth it (as much as I have said other wise in the past), but I haven't fully decided yet. I'm going to see how much it is up during a full Kara run next week before I make any decisions on that front.
adese

Postby Buldozer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:17 pm

I always thought the +hit from the talent was just melee hits, not spell hit. Can someone confirm this?

And does anyone stack any spell hit for tanking? I would figure taunts, along with every other spell would resist less.
Buldozer

Postby Maulininis » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Avengers Shield is +hit though, not +spell hit, thats why it misses instead of getting resisted. I made my choice on the exact same logic as Sielanas
Maulininis

Postby adese » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:52 pm

For whatever reason, AS and HoW (and a few other of our spells, I think) go off of melee hit instead of spell hit. You can tell by the message you get when it "doesn't work" - "miss is melee hit, while resist is spell hit. AS and HoW miss, therefore they go off of melee hit.
adese

Postby Menardi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:42 pm

adese wrote:For whatever reason, AS and HoW (and a few other of our spells, I think) go off of melee hit instead of spell hit. You can tell by the message you get when it "doesn't work" - "miss is melee hit, while resist is spell hit. AS and HoW miss, therefore they go off of melee hit.

While you're completely correct, I wouldn't trust the message wording too much. Seal of Command is susceptible to glancing blows but the message always read "(xx) resisted".
Menardi

Return to Basic Training & Talents