Dropping Reckoning to Fear Dance Nightbane and Extra Threat

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Demiblade » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:59 pm

Maulininis wrote:As far as the BoP dance goes, let's assume you're responsible for blessings sanctuary; couldn't you end the macro with casting BoSanc, as it will remove BoP? A pedantic little point, but better than being 1 blessing short a whole fight after you "BoP Dance"

Theoretically you can do that. You can also cast kings to cancel off your BoP. You can even macro it as part of the BoP dance. But on the field, you want to avoid the global cooldown of casting another blessing because there is no room for errors especially if your healers are not uber geared. There is no way to ensure that your holy shield is not about to end just when he fears. Cancelling an existing blessing doesn't trigger global cooldown so there's no risk factor involved. You can just manually recast whatever blessing needed safely after the dance and your holy shield is already up. Remember, the purpose of this spec is to 1-shot nightbane every run, regardless of group composition, luck, or weather, and of course, still be as viable as the vanilla build for any other boss in game.

Some general tips for first timers on Nightbane
Nightbane fight can be a bit demanding on the tank compared to other fights where you do nothing else but tank, especially if you're a paladin and also responsible to swap to conc aura, AoE the air phase and get back on boss quick with avenger shield, exorcism, and devotion aura (you can feel the difference devo makes because he hits real hard per hit despite the slow speed). So if you want to practice and don't want to wipe your group on trial runs, you can do this. For alliance, try him out the ez mode with fear ward at least to get the hang of phase changes and your other moves excluding fear handling. Then you can practice dancing seperately when another tank is tanking him and you just need to AoE air phase (so that nothing much happens even if you slipped and get feared).
Demiblade

Postby Buldozer » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:28 pm

I've never used this and I'm now kicking myself for not using BoP/DS to break fears.

Just curious how it works. Can you BoP yourself reactively to the fear? Or do you BoP yourself as its casting.

Also, doesn't nightbane ever get a hit on a someone for the split second that you are immune... from what I imagine, you hit your fear break and he turns to someone else and in that time you have to clear the immune and hit him with something and he will turn right to you.
Buldozer

Postby Demiblade » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:56 am

Buldozer wrote:I've never used this and I'm now kicking myself for not using BoP/DS to break fears.

Just curious how it works. Can you BoP yourself reactively to the fear? Or do you BoP yourself as its casting.

Also, doesn't nightbane ever get a hit on a someone for the split second that you are immune... from what I imagine, you hit your fear break and he turns to someone else and in that time you have to clear the immune and hit him with something and he will turn right to you.

Trinket reactively. Nightbane will go to another unfeared target if there is any. Else he will stay on you through fear. Just trinket out asap and reposition.

BoP & DS proactively when you see cast bar of the roar for fear. Target will be locked on you and he won't attack anything in melee when he's casting that. Be more precise and quick with DS cancellation because BoP seems to have a bug (or feature? lol) that makes him stay on you for a while sometimes even after you are BoPed.

Hitting a key on keyboard 2 times (hence the macro) reactively should be faster than it takes for the boss to go all the way to a different target and melee it. Do expect the boss to move about a bit, then just reposition his tail accordingly.
Demiblade

Postby Demiblade » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:44 am

I added this macro to original post. Credit goes to Blaen99 for that macro. I tried it out myself and noticed that it helps a lot with your response time in grabbing aggro back after bubble/trinket. Beginners who are learning Nightbane will find it even more useful.

/stopcasting
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cancelaura Blessing of Protection
/cast Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Exorcism

I just downed him again today without fear ward. We lost our lock and hunter halfway through the fight (don't ask, we're farming Kara with some new members.) We still managed to down him on the first try. DPS was slow and I had to fear break like 3 times per phase. Thanks to the talented BoP and 2min trinket!
Demiblade

Postby Donjuan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:11 am

what about the glimmering insginia? it gives me 30 second immunity to fear, any one ever have any luck with that as it is one of those reduced effect after 60 items.
Donjuan

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents