Remove Advertisements

Just hit 80 =D Spec advice!

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Just hit 80 =D Spec advice!

Postby Yukionna » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:48 am

Hello again ^_^

Just hit 80 so ignore the gear!!... Gonna run around today after work and pick up some rep pieces I missed and finish up some quests in Icecrown for a few blues there.

Trying to fine tune my spec now that I'm 80.. I winged it as I lvled. What should I change for 5 mans? heroics and 10 mans soon once I'm 540 def and about 5k more HP.

I know the extra point in imp judgement is wrong.. but hows the rest of it? I was trying to keep kings and NOT get pursuit of justice, but since theres better enchants then boars speed I should probably pick that up (maybe).

Anything important I'm missing besides that?

Also shield!! Worth laying down a ton of gold for the shield wall or wait for the 35 badge one. Which did you do?

Thanks =D

Armory wasn't working... fixed it.
Yukionna

Postby majiben » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:55 am

Banished to the Talents forum.

Also I would get the BoE shield and spend my badges on slots I couldn't buy and upgrade for.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Yukionna » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:04 am

Oh thanks, I must be completely blind to this forum. sorry =x
Yukionna

Postby Thels » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:13 am

Since you're talking about 5/10 mans mostly, I suggest the following build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoxs

You could remove Kings/HotC if you have a reliable Ret Pala with you, but for 5/10 mans, that's not likely. HotC can also go if you have a rogue with Master Poisoner.

That leaves you 4 points. The default choice is Seals of the Pure, but you could spec into Divine Guardian, Improved Hammer of Justice or Pursuit of Justice for utility. You can put these last 4 points basically wherever and still have a solid tanking build, so feel free to give it your own touch.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Yukionna » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:30 am

Thanks for the reply =)

Is HotC that great? Just don't see it being worth the 3 points.
Yukionna

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:59 am

Giving your group 3% extra crit on a target is NEVER a bad thing. The talent spec that was linked is what I use for tanking when I need to. You will honestly notice a difference in the time fights take with HotC if you don't have a ret pally putting it up.

I ret tank all the time, and I have received comments on the fact that HotC is AWESOME from the DPS that runs with me.
Shoju

Postby djlar » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:53 pm

I need advise also, I kinda lost the 10 last points from 70 to 80, since I was leveling it didn't matter much, before I spend 50g on respec I will like some advice..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... 52&n=djlar

And yes, I have the shield wall, total cost: 89g! How? mined the ores, used 3 CDs bought the orb at 89g guildie did it for free..

Edit: Try now... ( I can't at work)
Last edited by djlar on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
djlar

Postby Thels » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:17 am

Is it possible to link the build you're planning on? Your armory doesn't seem to work for me.
ImageImage
Thels

Return to Basic Training & Talents