Kings...its not prot's responsibility

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Kings...its not prot's responsibility

Postby Twilightstar » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:05 pm

the other thred concerning bok is simply too long, i wish my voice can be heard so this stupid flaming fest/personal attack can be stopped.

Now here is the situation, we are trying to aim for optimal performance,
Blessing of Kings is a responsibility for ret pally, period. Ret has 5 pts free to spend and those 5 pts cannot benefit ret anymore other then getting bok, while prot pally can get SotP, a roughly 1-2% TOTAL DMG increase, or convinction, a 5% crit. Holy gets hurt the most, we'll forget about them.
REMEMBER THAT we are aiming for OPTIMAL RAID PERFORMANCE!
(if you dont know what im talking about...uh do some research, all the ret raid build has left u at least 5 pts to toy around with)

Some of the pallies out there thinks that prot needs bok no matter what, or we lose alot for not getting them. Uh well. hey that 5% crit and imp bom/ heart of crusader worth something in 5/10 man right? or even SotP. as in 5/10 man, there might no be a ret pally, those talents will improve group/raid vs king improving survial

Getting BoK is a matter of personal perference, when aiming for optimal performance, ret is the 1 getting it, warrior giving battleshout or holy giving imp bom, period. please dont tell me u dont have a ret pally, because yu will need 1 for that "perfection"

Now...say we dont need optimal performance anymore...so theres nothin to argue about. Theres no perfection we need to achieve, spec bok or not, do whats best for you

P.S. edit my post as its my first post, didn't know some forum rules, and changed my post so its not offensive anymore.
Last edited by Twilightstar on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twilightstar

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:10 pm

I think prot paladins should have kings if noone else can provide it.

But then, we use 2 prot paladins so kings + sanctuary is guaranteed :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:11 pm

You really need to revise your writing style. The way that you wrote that is an attack, and derogatory.

I'll direct you to the CoC, please read it:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=9555

and look over what you've written. Apologizing for being better at verbal argument does not excuse your tone.

Secondly, nobody ever said it was prot's responsibility... But we lose a LOT less picking it up than anyone else does.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Twilightstar » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:30 pm

To Worldie:
I total agrees that prot should get bok if you are the sole pally,

Now the the post above me, i seen a lot of posts out there saying bok is a must, or they've written it in a way that gives most ppl the idea that bok is a must. Im saying speccing king isn't necessary as protadin, its a good tool but not a must have tool. There are other talents that offers benefit in another way.
Twilightstar

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Twilightstar wrote:Now the the post above me, i seen a lot of posts out there saying bok is a must, or they've written it in a way that gives most ppl the idea that bok is a must. Im saying speccing king isn't necessary as protadin, its a good tool but not a must have tool. There are other talents that offers benefit in another way.

This I understand. But something that people don't realise, is that there are always going to be two camps on this subject.

No matter what you're going to say, people are going to agree, and others are going to disagree. I'm not trying to tell you to stop voicing your opinion, it's just that there isn't one person out there who's going to change everyone's mind... Unless Uther himself appears on these boards in the ... pixelated flesh ... and tells us all to spec Kings.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Levantine » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Quit posting like a retard and maybe people will listen to you.

Note: u is not a word.
Levantine

Postby Lewid » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Guillex wrote:But we lose a LOT less picking it up than anyone else does.

This is not true. We can expend all our talent points in a useful way and build up our function. Retadins generally use spare points for survivability, so letting them get kings instead is a good choice.

Holy paladins should not be expected to get it unless either, so unless you run without a retadin, you may have to pick it up.

Levantine wrote:Quit posting like a retard and maybe people will listen to you.

Note: u is not a word.

Actually 'u' is a word, phonetically. Why do you feel it is necessary to so rigidly demand communication in a format that suits your own preferences? This is not academia, and 'u' is not disrespectful, just lazy.

As well, I've always thought that when someone calls someone else a retards it is more indicative of their own state.

Lore wrote:Post like this: "I understand your opinion, but I disagree."
Not like this: "You might think that, but that's because you're stupid."
Last edited by Lewid on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lewid

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:02 pm

There's at least one level 80 ret paladin on my server who has 2/4 Imp Kings (inspected him this morning). So long as there are people like that, I'm happy to be able to provide the full buff myself.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Lewid » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:04 pm

yeah it only really costs us threat. Why someone would consider 3/5 kings is beyond me...
Lewid

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:11 pm

I'm not sure there's too much of an argument. I skipped BoK in TBC but I'm picking it up now. It's not because BoK got better (in fact, it's now four points more expensive), it's because there's nothing better worth getting. If they put something amazing in our tree, then I'll start worrying about whether or not I really need Kings.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Lewid wrote:

This is not true. We can expend all our talent points in a useful way and build up our function. Retadins generally use spare points for survivability, so letting them get kings instead is a good choice.

Holy paladins should not be expected to get it unless either, so unless you run without a retadin, you may have to pick it up.

While I agree with you on the points for Holy and Ret ... Tell me where you'd rather use the 5 points.

Benediction? Useless.
Reckoning? Useless.
Putting anything other than one point in Imp. Judgements and filling out other Ret talents? Useless if you ever run with a Ret pally.
Divine Intellect or Spiritual Focus? Useless.

I'm genuinely intrigued as to where you'd put those 5 points.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lewid » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:26 pm

Well the assumption is that you are running with a ret pally, so thats why you don't spend the points on kings. I agree that benediction is useless and going further into ret is not a great idea either.

But I am far from proven that Reckoning is useless.
Lewid

Postby Neara » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Guillex wrote:
Lewid wrote:

While I agree with you on the points for Holy and Ret ... Tell me where you'd rather use the 5 points.

Benediction? Useless.
Reckoning? Useless.
Putting anything other than one point in Imp. Judgements and filling out other Ret talents? Useless if you ever run with a Ret pally.
Divine Intellect or Spiritual Focus? Useless.

I'm genuinely intrigued as to where you'd put those 5 points.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVAfuMteIRGoxob would be my built if i had a ret pally in raid that provides kings (which i have not => sad panda :cry: )
Neara

Postby Lewid » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Lewid

Postby Zoltar » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 pm

Just how many threads are there on BoK?

I thought there was going to be something interesting to read....... How long can this horse be flogged?
Zoltar

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents