Improved Lay on hands....crazy?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Improved Lay on hands....crazy?

Postby Squishums » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Hey, Im speced 12/53/6, and Im getting alot of grief from other paladins on my server.

Im just wondering if it makes sense or am I missing something.

Im currently just PuGing heroics, and I felt that with bad/undergeared dps I can shed alot of threat talents, and with bad/undergeared healers, improved lay on hands is nice. My spec is pretty normal other than no touched by the light, and only 2 points of 1handspec.

Should I really go back to the threat talents so that I can hold threat without paying attention nomatter how retarded the dps is?
Squishums

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:19 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... =Squishums

Guessing that's you.

DI is terrible.

You've gone 3/5 1HWS which increases all threat, and 0/3 TbtL.

I was writing more but I'm tired.

I don't like the spec, I'd never do it, you're missing out on threat talents and as your DPS gets more geared, you're going to start capping them.

Personally, I would never spec this way. Ever.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lewid » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:44 pm

yeah, don't skip touched by the light, its one of the strongest talents we have in the entire tree, for threat.
Lewid

Re: Improved Lay on hands....crazy?

Postby Neara » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:15 pm

Squishums wrote:Im currently just PuGing heroics, and I felt that with bad/undergeared dps I can shed alot of threat talents

You're not only skipping on threat, but DPS as well .. if your groups DPS sucks already, why gimp it even further? .. I sit at 1 - 1,5k DPS throughout a 5-man. Mobs that die faster are mobs that hurt less ;)
Neara

Postby Squishums » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:30 pm

Ya thats my armory link.

DI is just a filler...15% more mana from BoSanct ftw >.>

So Im feeling its a no, obviously I cant spec this way permanently, but I should respec before I have to for just my own dps eh?

I hate not having maxed 1handspec, but touched by the light doesnt get me too excited. My 2 biggest - and most mana efficient - abilties dont scale from spell dmg at all, and other than consecrate and seals/judgements those that do scale scale pretty badly.

Oh well, Ill prob respec just to see the pretty consecrate ticks =P, ty for the input
Squishums

Postby majiben » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:51 pm

Squishums wrote:DI is just a filler...15% more mana from BoSanct ftw >.>
More like 5% more.

Total mana = intellect*15 + base mana

Not

Total mana = intellent*15
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Eaglestrike » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Squishums wrote:Ya thats my armory link.

So Im feeling its a no, obviously I cant spec this way permanently, but I should respec before I have to for just my own dps eh?

I hate not having maxed 1handspec, but touched by the light doesnt get me too excited. My 2 biggest - and most mana efficient - abilties dont scale from spell dmg at all, and other than consecrate and seals/judgements those that do scale scale pretty badly.

Oh well, Ill prob respec just to see the pretty consecrate ticks =P, ty for the input

Yes, but your 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th best threat moves scale with it and all your healing scales with it, like your judgment of light heals. As well as your sacred shield mitigation.
Eaglestrike

Re: Improved Lay on hands....crazy?

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:51 am

Squishums wrote:Hey, Im speced 12/53/6, and Im getting alot of grief from other paladins on my server.

Im just wondering if it makes sense or am I missing something.

Im currently just PuGing heroics, and I felt that with bad/undergeared dps I can shed alot of threat talents, and with bad/undergeared healers, improved lay on hands is nice. My spec is pretty normal other than no touched by the light, and only 2 points of 1handspec.

Should I really go back to the threat talents so that I can hold threat without paying attention nomatter how retarded the dps is?
*Sense* it makes... but viability is nigh-zero. There simply aren't enough tankworthy talents in holy to get you to imp LoH, and the cooldown is too long for comfort on spending points.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kilthanas » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:36 pm

Squishums wrote:Ya thats my armory link.

Consecrate is typically my highest dmg move when looking at recount. If you care about mana efficiency then spec into bendiction and go more points in ret.

I put zero points in holy and don't see myself EVER putting points in there unless they buff judgments, seals or seals of the pure itself quite a bit. The stuff in the ret tree is so much more appealing.
Kilthanas

Return to Basic Training & Talents