Remove Advertisements

heart of crusader

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

heart of crusader

Postby Aranbenjo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:54 am

Does hoc double judg stack?
if me and my fellow retr pally both judge do we have a stack?
if not, and if u can have a retr pally in your party, is this talent completely a waste?
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Heart of the Crusader does not stack with itself or the debuff some rogues spec puts up. If you have a regular ret paladin HotC is somewhat wasted in a prot spec.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Thels » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:52 am

Then again, if you don't have a stable raiding group, or can't count on retri paladins or rogues to keep the buff up, this is a pretty awesome DPS boost. Since the default prot spec already has 6 points into retri, this is cheap to pick up.

Completely depends on your setup.

If you're in a raiding guild that always makes sure to bring a retri paladin or specced rogue for this buff, this talent is a waste, and should not be taken for maximum efficiency.

If you don't know what group you're going to run with tomorrow, it's just too nice not to pick up.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby majiben » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:00 am

Well said Thels :-)
majiben

Postby Macallum » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 am

Thels wrote:Then again, if you don't have a stable raiding group, or can't count on retri paladins or rogues to keep the buff up, this is a pretty awesome DPS boost. Since the default prot spec already has 6 points into retri, this is cheap to pick up.

Completely depends on your setup.

If you're in a raiding guild that always makes sure to bring a retri paladin or specced rogue for this buff, this talent is a waste, and should not be taken for maximum efficiency.

If you don't know what group you're going to run with tomorrow, it's just too nice not to pick up.

Ok this is basically what I was thinking/wondering.

I'm the only paladin we run with so I've got to pick up kings, and was wondering where the last two 'floaters' went. I was going to go with Divine guardian for those big splash dmg fights, but looks like 2 into Heart of the crusader is much more useful.

Thanks!
Macallum

Postby majiben » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:16 am

Macallum wrote:Ok this is basically what I was thinking/wondering.

I'm the only paladin we run with so I've got to pick up kings, and was wondering where the last two 'floaters' went. I was going to go with Divine guardian for those big splash dmg fights, but looks like 2 into Heart of the crusader is much more useful.

Thanks!
Link your spec please. You should have more points than that left laying around. Are you dropping points into reckoning or Imp HoJ? I'm running this specwhich I suggest you take a look at.
majiben

Postby Macallum » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Majiben wrote:Link your spec please. You should have more points than that left laying around. Are you dropping points into reckoning or Imp HoJ? I'm running this specwhich I suggest you take a look at.

Yeah, been doing a lot of spec reading today and now I'm more unsure thnn ever! :)

My original plan was this

The more I read the less excited for seals of the pure I am - especially on single target tanking where SoV isn't really accounting for much dmg, even with 15% percent.

I'm now leaning towards this or the one you linked.

Soloing, SoV is like 11% of my dmg - with melee and hammer making up the majority of it (just groups of 3 mostly so no consecration)

I really like the idea of divine guardian as a nice little 'oh crappers' button for heavy splash dmg reduction. But seems so situational that maybe the extra crit would be better.
Macallum

Return to Basic Training & Talents