Remove Advertisements

Popular Tankadin Specs

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby jere » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:43 am

Khisvir wrote:This is my current spec as of lev 65

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIL0zMgqZVbI0rcz

It's the Baelor Special to a T so far.

Well, you posted a 0/40/21 spec. Hard to answer your question without seeing which form of the Baelor special you are going for.

As for Imp. LoH. After LoH, I pop a mana pot. Works good that way.
jere

Postby Khisvir » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:10 pm

/selfheadslap

Let's try this again...this time with the right freakin' build...

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVxhZVbtIx0zMxqp

It's the Baelor Special to a T so far. I wish I'd found it before I even started my pally, because it's been good for leveling since I switched from a Ret Spec. I've been soloing/duoing quests since I hit OL, and I like the boosted heals I get with this spec. I'll be taking the final Combat Expertise point next level, and the Imp HS after that the next two levs.

Then comes the final 2 pts...

According to the spec, it should go on Imp LOH.

I realize LOH is my final "Oh S***" button, but once I use it I'm OOM, and not much help to anyone else after I use it.

So I need either:
1) someone to convince me that Imp LOH is the proper choice, or
2) a place to put those final 2 points that will be effective and useful. I'm thinking Benediction, or possibly Reckoning.

Any and all opinions welcomed.
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby jere » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:20 pm

I won't try to convince you to take Imp. LoH. If you go that far into holy just for the 13% extra heals and some mana, then I don't see any reason why not to get Imp. LoH at that point. The build you are looking at isn't meant to boost TPS or survivability, but utility. Imp. LoH provides that. It would seem odd to go for a utility based build and then skip an "oh crap" button, but I won't stop ya.

If you don't want it, then reckoning >>> benediction for that build.
jere

Postby Khisvir » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Actually, I think you're right.

Because of the reduced cooldown, on a 2+ hour raid, it becomes usable 3x rather than 2, or more depending on how long it goes.

Plus, if things are going bad enough that it comes to using LOH...the extra armor it provides is probably a Very Good Thing...
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby Jeyla » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:45 am

Just thought i'd share my spec here that i use. I'm MT and GM/RL for our guild the Vigilantes on Caelestraz. I tend to tweak it a little bit every now and then, always wishing i had 2 more talent points :p

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVotIx0dMgqtVox0h

I have no trouble with threat on this even with 1 in precision........though i'd have 2 or 3 if i could and I love having 3 in PoJ. Sometimes i really wonder if Spell warding is worth it though. Couldn't they make it 6-8% :p

I also prefer 9 second judgements, i think 8 is wasted.
Jeyla

Postby Dendrah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:19 am

Judgements don't trigger the GCD so it leaves you with more gab for lag and stuff to get your seals up again. If you use every GCD that is.
Dendrah

Postby kellorionmg96 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:57 pm

How would this prot/ret 38-23 work. Kells future build I'm new to endgame, but dont want to do raids. Maybe some heroics.

heres my armory page: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Kellorion

About to hit 70, so I'm not complete yet.

Thx for your help
kellorionmg96

Main Tankadin Spec

Postby hectorlca » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:45 am

Hi. I've been playing around recently with some specs and I have especially liked this one which I think should be added here.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 00000#none

It's the same basic 0/46/12 spec, but I moved some talents around:
I put nothing into One-handed wep specialization. The reason being that we get our threat from spell dmg and not from sword dmg. IMO this is a 5 point waste. Our weapon damage is negligible, because we wont be using The sun Eater or other swords that lack spell dmg. I've been using this spec with Continuum Blade and Stormcaller (Exalted Thrallmar) and my threat hasn't suffered one bit.

I split the remaining points between Pursuit of Justice. The 3% chance to avoid spells is great as we all know what a bitch it is to tank casters with a tankadin. I have also found HoJ pretty useful.

In Heroics and some Kara pugs you have a weird group composition where some people are good and some people suck. If my healer is bad and I see my health getting a bit low I stun the secondary target to stop the damage from that source. And, if I have a hardcore mage thats missing omen and finds it easy to pull aggro, I just stun the mob thats after him or anyone else.
I'll probably drop this once I start doing TK/SCC and higher.
But so far it works wonders for tanks that are running heroics nonstop to get badges for gear.
hectorlca

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:45 am

Hello, welcome to the boards.

Now, 1h spec increases also your magic damage, you just gave up 5% threat :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tradyk » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:00 pm

What worldie said, 1-h spec is our biggest threat talent, because it applies to all damage to all targets. It's 5% across the board to every sort of damage you do. That includes Retribution Aura and Consecration.

One Handed Spec for paladins is:
Increases all damage you do when a one-handed weapon is equiped by 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%

Which is not to be confused with the warrior talent 1-h spec:
Increases physical damage you deal when a one-handed weapon is equiped by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%

Notice the difference there?

Also, as you said yourself, we don't get (much) threat from our melee swings, so there's no real point in taking Divine Strength, it's a waste of 4 points for us. If you take the points from that, and stick them in 1-h spec, and possibly the point from PoJ (Just get Boar's Speed, its faster then 1/3, and doesn't take a talent point), you can get yourself 5/5 1-h spec, and you'll see a significant increase in your TPS across the board.
Tradyk

Postby Samuelus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:58 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVMtIx0dMTqxVbx0h

this is my MT build for my horde pally.. seems to work just fine.
Samuelus

Postby AbsolutGrndZer0 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Ok, I really like that Baelor Special spec, but I tried doing it on a WotLK calculator... and um... not sure it works? Any chance the person that created it could see about a "Baelor Special 3.0" build? :)
AbsolutGrndZer0

Postby mark88 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 am

hi!

just a quick question ... why is that when i open one our your talent trees i look like 10/3/0 and not full with all 61 talent points ?

thank you!
mark88

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:04 am

I think that 3.0 broke armory.

On another note this sticky probably needs updating now that 3.0 is here.
Zironic

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:31 am

It will be updated or replaced, time to time :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents