Guardian's Favor
9%
Pursuit of Justice
55%

Total votes : 11

Where should I put my last two points?

Postby theothersteve7 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:15 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoEo

My current build. I'm torn as to where I should spend my last points. Seals of the Pure seems like the obvious choice, but it's pretty lousy. I'm thinking about just taking Pursuit of Justice because a disarmed tank is a panic situation, but I'm not sure how often it happens. And the movement speed would mean I can run flags.

From a purely raid standpoint, what's my best bet?
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:16 pm

You should consider dropping points from benediction for other areas like SotP and HotC.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:04 am

I'd say PoJ, the speed boost is as good as it gets. My personal recommendation is to drop benediction to 1/5, fill Heart of the crusader and PoJ.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby theothersteve7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:31 pm

I'm thinking about doing exactly as you two say. I suppose the issue really comes down to the makeup of whatever party I raid with is. Your spec is probably the best option when there aren't any other paladins.

Really, I guess I'm just curious about the value of Benediction. I haven't actually specced it yet, aside from a brief stint while leveling as Ret. 10% doesn't really sound like that much given that all mana issues mean is dropping Cons a little less often.

Of course, if I get a dedicated Ret pally, I would drop Kings and HotC for 3/5 SotP, Divine Guardian, and full Benediction. Probably.

Meh, regardless, it's still a ways off. I wish I had more time to play.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby majiben » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:00 am

Benediction is very bleh. For instance you get more out of this glyph without spending 5 points on it. It also has a very small window of usefulness. If you weren't mana starved before you won't benifit from this talent. If you were, you would need to be only a little mana straved or you will be still short on mana.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:21 am

Well, it's 1/5 benediction or.. 1/2imp BoM? In any situation where it's extra scaling would matter you're likely to have another paladin with 2/2 in that. Either way it's a toss-up.

Just don't completely diss it just because it's what it is. The effects on stacking reductions and more sa mana can have some funny results. I'm definitely glad i have 5/5 benediction + sa glyph while leveling.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby theothersteve7 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:56 pm

Alright, gonna drop to 2/5 Benediction, get 3/3 HotC and full PoJ. Thanks everyone!
Moo.
theothersteve7

Return to Basic Training & Talents