Remove Advertisements

Reckoning at expertise cap...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Reckoning at expertise cap...

Postby Kup » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:08 pm

OK, I know reckoning has sucked in the past. I don't have it in my current spec and at this time don't plan on it. That said, I've seen a lot of expertise on tank gear in wrath, and it doesn't take much expertise to be capped. So assuming you're expertise capped, does reckoning have any use? I still lean towards no because assuming that you're tanking with vengeance, reckoning only adds a bit of white damage, but I wanted to see what the rest of you think.
Kup

Re: Reckoning at expertise cap...

Postby tbolt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Kup wrote:OK, I know reckoning has sucked in the past. I don't have it in my current spec and at this time don't plan on it. That said, I've seen a lot of expertise on tank gear in wrath, and it doesn't take much expertise to be capped. So assuming you're expertise capped, does reckoning have any use? I still lean towards no because assuming that you're tanking with vengeance, reckoning only adds a bit of white damage, but I wanted to see what the rest of you think.

I have 3/5 of reckoning in my build and while not great, it's not bad to have. I didn't take kings in my build, so I had the choice of imp HoJ, DG, and 3/5 reck in order to continue down the tree. Of those I like reckoning teh best because it lets me squeeze some extra threat out, and with our white hits doing more damage and threat now it's not too bad. Also with 3/5 I find it procs noticeably often. I still wish Blizz would improve the talent but of the alternatives available to spend my 3 points on, it's my choice so far.
tbolt

Postby Kup » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:37 pm

How is your last armory scan for your sig prot specced with under 10k health and 380 something defense?

Reckoning before your expertise capped is just asking to be parry ganked and complete fail. I find it hard to believe that anyone is defense capped and has enough free stats at this point to be expertise capped. This isn't a what is your spec and why thread, it's a theorycrafting thread for when we have T7 content on farm and can start messing with this stuff.
Kup

Postby Rhî » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Kup wrote:How is your last armory scan for your sig prot specced with under 10k health and 380 something defense?

Reckoning before your expertise capped is just asking to be parry ganked and complete fail. I find it hard to believe that anyone is defense capped and has enough free stats at this point to be expertise capped. This isn't a what is your spec and why thread, it's a theorycrafting thread for when we have T7 content on farm and can start messing with this stuff.

If Reckoning would kill us, warriors would be dead all the time. They are attacking slightly more often than we do with reckoning.
Rhî

Postby Drobent » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:22 pm

Rhî wrote:
Kup wrote:How is your last armory scan for your sig prot specced with under 10k health and 380 something defense?

If Reckoning would kill us, warriors would be dead all the time. They are attacking slightly more often than we do with reckoning.

Assuming we use Spelldmg maces. Actually I wear King's Defender.
I tank with Righteousness, and with that, a swing of your weapon means extra holy dmg... I really don't think that a 10% of making 5 dual-swings will mean that you get ganked, you have to be VERY VERY UNLUCKY. Almost, I've tanked at Instances that are "bigger" to me (4+lvl bosses) with that talent (and holy crap without having Sacred Duty, I laughed a lot when I saw it at Armory) and when I was about to die it was because the holy priest died and the one healing me was the retribution loladin @ my party.
Drobent

Postby tbolt » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Sheesh people are nosey, if you'd actually looked you would've seen that the toon wasn't wearing any gear.

And as Rhi said warriors still attack more than us so parry gib is not a problem, if you're getting "parry ganked" then your problem lies elsewhere.
tbolt

Postby rodos » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Because he logged out in healing, dps, or fishing gear, or because he likes to RP and was engaged in naked mud wrestling in the Dalaran sewers. In any case, I fail to see how it's relevant to a discussion of Reckoning.

Kup wrote:Reckoning before your expertise capped is just asking to be parry ganked and complete fail.
Really? I thought this forum decided that the "parry gib" was a myth, even before the crushing blow change.

Drobent wrote:...the retribution loladin @ my party.
Given the situation that protection Paladins have found themselves in previously, I think we should be very careful before labeling anyone as a "loladin".
rodos

Postby majiben » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Drobent wrote:Assuming we use Spelldmg maces. Actually I wear King's Defender.

I tank with Righteousness, and with that, a swing of your weapon means extra holy dmg... I really don't think that a 10% of making 5 dual-swings will mean that you get ganked, you have to be VERY VERY UNLUCKY. Almost, I've tanked at Instances that are "bigger" to me (4+lvl bosses) with that talent (and holy crap without having Sacred Duty, I laughed a lot when I saw it at Armory) and when I was about to die it was because the holy priest died and the one healing me was the retribution loladin @ my party.
You are gimping your threat by using SoR, even with reckoning, and you are gimping your avoidance by using a caster weapon.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Aedolfmawini » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:55 am

Kup wrote:isn't a what is your spec and why thread, it's a theorycrafting thread for when we have T7 content on farm and can start messing with this stuff.

Sounds like it's more of a "my flawed opinion is greater than yours" thread. I see no need to attack the first poster in your thread for simply having a differing opinion. You ask "does reckoning have a use at exp cap?". He says, essentially, "reckoning is OK now even without exp cap, wish bliz would improve it though" (more or less answered your question).

Your next response was more "fail" than his could ever be. Looks like something an official forum condescending-yet-wrong douche nozzle would post. "I HAZ MORE GEAR THEN UR ARMORY, YOU SUCKZ!!1! blah blah blah mechanic that I don't really understand but still like to talk about!!"

FYI:
PARRY GIB DOES NOT EXIST. It was not a problem before 3.0, not even CLOSE to an issue now. Anyone who spreads that stuff sounds very much out of touch.
Aedolfmawini

Postby Rehlachs- » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:17 am

Kup wrote:Reckoning before your expertise capped is just asking to be parry ganked and complete fail.

I try to not recite all the other posters in here, but .. well, forget it.

I find it hard to believe that anyone is defense capped and has enough free stats at this point to be expertise capped.

with 0815 spec, SoV glyph and a single T7 helmet you can reach the expertise soft cap.

This isn't a what is your spec and why thread, it's a theorycrafting thread for when we have T7 content on farm and can start messing with this stuff.

arguing with cleared content is demented. especially since you are talking about freaking Naxx and OS (and Archavon >.< )..
the theorycrafting was done in another thread.
short answer: SoV > SoR, even with Reckoning. keep in mind, that every considerable tanking weapon got a ~1.6 weapon speed. further information about this will be found in the given threads.
Rehlachs-

Postby Drobent » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:18 pm

rodos wrote:
Because he logged out in healing, dps, or fishing gear, or because he likes to RP and was engaged in naked mud wrestling in the Dalaran sewers. In any case, I fail to see how it's relevant to a discussion of Reckoning.

Really? I thought this forum decided that the "parry gib" was a myth, even before the crushing blow change.

Drobent wrote:...the retribution loladin @ my party.
Given the situation that protection Paladins have found themselves in previously, I think we should be very careful before labeling anyone as a "loladin".

I refer to myself as "loladin", "mankadin" and so when they ask me "hey you play WoW? what are you?". As well as "bubble boy".

Just joking not about the idea of a "ret paladin", furthermore my idea of the dual spec is to go Ret the second 'cause I love it.

But anyway, seeing a retribution paladin healing on a hard situation for a long time and keeping the tank alive is lol'd.

PS: "gimping"? I'm not familiarized with that expression.
Drobent

Return to Basic Training & Talents