Remove Advertisements

BoK in 5 men

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

BoK in 5 men

Postby Aranbenjo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:25 am

I just wanted to discuss this talent for 5 men.
No need to discuss it in bc. just 1 pt is a clearly win.
usually caster benefits from wisdom and malee from might.
Since u can count on only 1 blessing (let's say u are the only pally in the party) - Who's going to benefit from bok?
If there's one class clearly gaining benefit fot it ... is it worth 5 talents point?
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby Taylia » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:38 am

To give you an example of the power of Kings, the priest I duo level with gets more mp5 from Kings than she does from Wisdom. Kings also buffs her mana pool, and health pool (which indirectly through talents buffs her +spellpower, as well) So for her, Kings is vastly superior.

Now, in most cases, Might is superior to Kings for straight damage. At least, this was the case for level 70. In the case of my hunter, she only has 600 Agility at level 70, which Kings turns into +60 more. Whereas Blessing of Might is worth 305 AP. If I'm concerned with purely my DPS (And in 5 mans, I usually am) Might is better. But I'd never say no to Kings.

So Kings is still powerful. It's not the end-all-be-all of blessings, but it's strong enough that you -can- put it on everyone in the party and no one will complain.
Taylia

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:20 pm

Most caster DPS in 5 man's don't want Wisdom because fights don't last long enough that it matters (in my experience). Mages, Warlocks, Shadowpriests, Boomkins, and even some healers (Druids and Priests) often prefer Kings.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Spectrum » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:27 pm

There are two things:

First is that kings becomes better at higher gear levels because it scales with gear, where the other buffs don't. There comes a point at which you get more DPS, HPS, MPS, etc with Kings than with Might/Wisdom. Before this point was about when people were in Kara+ gear. I don't know where it is this expansion with the new ranks.

The second thing is most people don't realize all the things kings gets them. They figure they'd rather have wisdom than some extra stamina and int, but don't realize that int and spirit will give them regen, and int will give them more spell crit and a larger mana pool which may make for more healing than a little MP5 over shorter fights.

Of course there are times when kings is good for everyone, for example when it's about survival and everyone should have all the stam they can get.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:27 am

Kings is worth having in 5-mans for when you get a boss with ludicrous damage flying around and you want as big an HP buffer as you can get. Even if, at current gear levels, it isn't as good as other buffs for HPS/MP5/DPS/AotM.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby mconeone » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:24 am

I've found kings to be very useful so far, especially when another paladin is in the group.
mconeone

Postby Squishums » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Most casters dont really mind what you give them, and I prefer to give them kings because I ussually need to drink anyway, so their mana regen sucking is ok, and kings gives them survivability, and a small boost in dps because of talents or just the spell crit from intellect.

Most melee prefer might, but it doesnt scale with warrior's battleshout, and ret paladins have their own blessing, so thats 2 melee classes already for which having 1 in the group makes might useless.
Squishums

Postby knaughty » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:14 pm

Priests and mages seem to be at the point that Kings is better than Wisdom for regen, or close to. Given it also increases mana pool by 10%, health by 10% and also grants crit, 90% of my casters want Kings ahead of wisdom in a heroic.

Shaman are about the only ones still wanting wisdom.

Most melee DPS still prefer Might over Kings.

For me? Sanc for trash, Kings for bosses, in both 5 & 10-man content. 25s I'll have both.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby frenzy20 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:43 am

Kings is very useful if you are the only paladin, not only for caster dps, resto druids, and priests, but also if you have a warrior because melee will want kings + battle shout.
frenzy20

Postby majiben » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Additionally there are few 5 mans that have bosses with mechanic that make extra EH very useful if youre not overgeared (3rd boss in CoT strat comes to mind).
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Return to Basic Training & Talents