Remove Advertisements

Gren takes a shot at the cookie cutter

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Gren takes a shot at the cookie cutter

Postby Grenmaju » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:06 am

just as the name says this is my shot at a cookie cutter this will be my main build at 80 after carfully looking at a few diffrent builds but anyway I throw it at you for your consideration:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sV0oZ0xVAcuMteIRGoxs

few notes

one point in http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=9453 is because i had a extra point and i thought it looked nice there :P

feel free to flame insult comment ect :)

p.s no kings here why because i spent 2 hours with a guy demanding it in greater blessing after dieing on every pull >.> (started giving him the 10min one >.>)
Grenmaju

Postby Levantine » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:32 am

Highly doubt there will be a cookie cutter spec.

There will be a core spec, definately, but not a cookie cutter.

Core Talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoxo

Kings can be replaced by Divine Guardian if you absolutely must. I still refuse to acknowledge IHoJ as a tanking talent. 30sec is still entirely too long a cooldown, so it's not even worth bothering.
Levantine

Postby Grenmaju » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:36 am

hmm i dunno i am still skeptical of it myself but it saved my ass a few instances so i am 50 / 50 overall it might go but what for will be a question i personaly dont like divine guardian.
Grenmaju

Postby tbolt » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:56 am

There is no more 49/12 cookie cutter spec anymore. As it is right now, every paladin's spec will be determined by 2 major decisions and 1 minor one.

First one is whether to take kings or not.
Second is SotP vs. Conviction.
And the more optional last choice, if Kings is not picked up, is what to spend the 3 points on in order to move on to tier 6 of our talents. Here the choices are Imp HoJ, 2/2 DG +1 left over, or 3/5 reckoning. (I believe kings is all or nothing).

Everyone should pick up 5/5 deflection and we pretty much pick up everything in the prot tree from tier 6 and up. So the only differentiation will mostly be based on the above questions.
tbolt

Postby antiy4ho0 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:56 am

I'm a fan of iHOJ especially now that it interrupts spell casts on non interruptable mobs. Also its not bad now that I'm beginning to farm heroics again. Having a 6 second stun available every pull possibly twice in a pull goes a long way for my survivability. Maybe when my guild gets more 80s and we move into raiding I'll drop it from my build, but as long as I'm fighting for my life in heroic trash I'll be keeping iHOJ.
antiy4ho0

Postby Petrus » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:26 am

I personally went 58/13 with my last seven points in Benediction and PoJ. That or 5/58/6+2 are two of the more common specs.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Rehlachs- » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:33 am

Petrus wrote:I personally went 58/13 with my last seven points in Benediction and PoJ. That or 5/58/6+2 are two of the more common specs.

yup
Rehlachs-

My 80 Spec

Postby BlackKnight6667 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:21 am

I'm still getting up to 80, but inthe end My final spec will be..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVA0uTteIRGoxs

I team up wit a retadin most of the time and he picked up the kings. the only think I may change is reducing the Reckoning and putting some points into Might to help raid buffs (I'll be doing Tanks(BoSanc) and DPS(Might) in 25man, Holy will be Wis, and Retadin will Kings, leftover paly will might the remaining tanks)
BlackKnight6667

Postby knaughty » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Levantine wrote:Highly doubt there will be a cookie cutter spec.

There will be a core spec, definately, but not a cookie cutter.

QFT

There is no cookie cutter spec @ 80.

The talents that get you from 18->25 talent points are guild & role specific, as are the last 7-8 talent points.

The depend on:
• Your focus: 5, 10 or 25-man content.
• The spec and reliability of the rest of the paladin team.

It is not possible to say "XYZ is the standard spec" because of those issues.

You can (for example) do:
Spec for 10-man raiding with no ret pally.
Spec for 25-man raiding with a ret pally

But you can't do "spec that suits everyone". Kings makes it impossible. Some people must take it, some can skip it (but may choose not to - me, for example).

I'd certainly rate Kings as more important than going 13 points in Ret or 6 points in Holy.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Return to Basic Training & Talents