Remove Advertisements

Level 80 Specs and 2 extra talent points

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

What would you do with your last two talent points in the given spec?

2/2 Improved Blessing of Might
No votes
2/5 Benediction
13%
2/3 Heart of the Crusader
6%
2/3 Stoicism
No votes
2/2 Guardian's Favor
3%
2/2 Divine Guardian
41%
2/3 Improved Hammer of Justice
16%
2/5 Reckoning
19%
2/2 Unyielding Faith
3%
2/5 Divine Intellect
No votes

Total votes : 32

Level 80 Specs and 2 extra talent points

Postby Petrus » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:17 pm

After looking at the many options for specs in Wrath, I think I'm going to go with this. I expect a lot of the rest of you will have something very similar.

The remaining question, however, is where the last two talent points end up. It's 5/58/6 right now with two to spare, but there are only a few options from which to pick. What would you do with those final two talent points?
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Newcarsmell » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:26 pm

Lol yay I have first vote. I'd say go with Heart of the Crusader because provided that you don't have another ret pally (since I assume it doesn't stack) that extra crit will up DPS raid wide, it will up your threat on a very small scale. The other option being Unyielding Faith, which i'd say is rather useless. Divine Guardian is liked by some. personally I am not one of them.
Newcarsmell

Postby xstrykr » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Divine Guardian for me.
xstrykr

Postby rickforking » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:22 am

Divine Guardian may be situational, but it's INCREDIBLY powerful in those situations...particularly if you are 50/50 OTing to MTing, like a lot of tank groups do now. But it's even useful when you are MTing under certain circumstances. Ex: I MT Illidan, then use Divine Guardian during the Flames of Azzinoth. 12 seconds of easy mode. Or MTing Hexx Lord, while he is doing spirit bolts, he isnt attacking you, thus bubbling doesn't drop aggro. 30% reduction on those plus shadow resist aura makes them nearly unnoticable. MTing Bloodbloil, bubble right when fel rage hits...complete 12 second easy mode FR healing.

Those are just instances of it being useful when you are main tanking. Off tanking, there are a TON more.
rickforking

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:47 am

2/3 Devotion aura for me, cause 3/3 imp HoJ is a standard in all my builds.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Worldie wrote:2/3 Devotion aura for me, cause 3/3 imp HoJ is a standard in all my builds.

Ewwwww.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:08 pm

WTB trustworthy rogues , pst.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby marsbubble » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:08 pm

<3 HoJ. Comes in handy so many times. its like a mini-DS or a handy heal interrupt.
marsbubble

Postby mazater » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:39 am

I'll be rollin' with this
No kings just because I'm selfish and arrogant bastard who doesn't give a birds ass about the rest of the raidgroup and I assume every holy paladin to spec it.

And I also like the 7% added crit (10% if there's no retridins in the raid)
mazater

Postby Lucislasus » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:54 am

I think I'll go with Reckoning or HoJ. Depends on what content I play.
Lucislasus

Postby Kierna » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:45 pm

Based on the figures I've been playing around with, going with conviction (with or without kings) is better threat than SotP.

My preferred spec would include imp HoJ:
Hammer of Justice Spec

However for raiding I'll probably go with:
5/5 Kings
or
3/5 Kings
Kierna

Postby mconeone » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:43 am

Mazater wrote:I'll be rollin' with this
No kings just because I'm selfish and arrogant bastard who doesn't give a birds ass about the rest of the raidgroup and I assume every holy paladin to spec it.

Ret will be picking up kings. Basically ret will do kings, holy will do might/wisdom, and prot will do sanc and wisdom/might on classes who don't need it as much as the other. If you have 2 holy paladins, you have might and wisdom covered.
mconeone

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:46 am

mconeone wrote:
Mazater wrote:I'll be rollin' with this

Ret will be picking up kings. Basically ret will do kings, holy will do might/wisdom, and prot will do sanc and wisdom/might on classes who don't need it as much as the other. If you have 2 holy paladins, you have might and wisdom covered.

This can't be a sure thing, unfortunately... Unless you actively talk with your ret paladins about what spec they're going to have, you may never know if they'll be taking BoK or not.

Also, what happens the day that they're not there? No Kings for the raid?

I'm not advocating a Kings build (though I have specced into it for the time being), I'm just trying to say that it's not a sure thing that ret will be picking up the blessing.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lumenos » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:58 am

If ret isn't taking Kings at lvl 80, they're taking pvp talents that are unnecessary for raiding. When the dual spec system is implemented I'll be prot/ret with 0/10/61 as my ret build.

What I'm wondering is, when the dual spec system goes into place, if you'll be able to Kings the raid as ret, then switch your spec back to prot and have the buffs stay in effect.
Lumenos

Postby majiben » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 am

Lumenos wrote:What I'm wondering is, when the dual spec system goes into place, if you'll be able to Kings the raid as ret, then switch your spec back to prot and have the buffs stay in effect.
No.

My guild is enacting a no PVP spec raiding rule in Woltk. We are sick of having people skipping key talents for the sake of pvp ones. We currently have no holy paladin with kings, they are all 61 points in holy. It makes me want to kick 'em but then it wouldn't be fair because we have a lot of people who take poor specs for other classes.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents